Market Efficiency, Roughness and Long Memory in the PSI20 Index Returns: Wavelet and Entropy Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tsallis, Constantino, 2004. "Dynamical scenario for nonextensive statistical mechanics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 340(1), pages 1-10.
- Cortines, A.A.G. & Riera, R., 2007. "Non-extensive behavior of a stock market index at microscopic time scales," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 377(1), pages 181-192.
- Lo, Andrew W, 1991.
"Long-Term Memory in Stock Market Prices,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1279-1313, September.
- Andrew W. Lo, 1989. "Long-term Memory in Stock Market Prices," NBER Working Papers 2984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lo, Andrew W. (Andrew Wen-Chuan), 1989. "Long-term memory in stock market prices," Working papers 3014-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RSSTATISTIC: RATS procedure to compute R/S Statistic (classical or Lo's modified)," Statistical Software Components RTS00191, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kristoufek, Ladislav & Vosvrda, Miloslav, 2013.
"Measuring capital market efficiency: Global and local correlations structure,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 392(1), pages 184-193.
- Ladislav Kristoufek & Miloslav Vosvrda, 2012. "Measuring capital market efficiency: Global and local correlations structure," Papers 1208.1298, arXiv.org.
- Ferri, G.L. & Reynoso Savio, M.F. & Plastino, A., 2010. "Tsallis’ q-triplet and the ozone layer," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(9), pages 1829-1833.
- S. M.D. Queirós & L. G. Moyano & J. de Souza & C. Tsallis, 2007. "A nonextensive approach to the dynamics of financial observables," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 55(2), pages 161-167, January.
More about this item
Keywordsefficiency; long memory; fractal dimension; unpredictability; q-triplet; entropy; wavelets.;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-ETS-2014-01-10 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-ORE-2014-01-10 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gmf:wpaper:2013-27.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Seiça). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebucpt.html .