Symmetry of External Shock responses within the Andean Community of Nations: A SVAR Approach
This article studies the symmetry in reactions of the Andean Community of Nations (CAN) economies to external shocks in order to analyze the group’s evolution towards economic integration. The undertaking of a Monetary Union project in South America enhances the usefulness of evaluating shocks within this region according to the Optimal Currency Area Theory. A Structural VAR model with non-recursive contemporaneous restrictions is built for each economy and a correlation analysis is performed. The results evidence that the CAN has evolved positively towards structural convergence.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 93, chemin des Mouilles - B.P.167 69131 - Ecully cedex|
Phone: 33(0)472 29 30 89
Fax: 33(0)47229 30 90
Web page: http://www.gate.cnrs.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hochreiter, Eduard & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Winckler, Georg, 2002.
"Monetary union: European lessons, Latin American prospects,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 297-321, December.
- Eduard Hochreiter & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Georg Winckler, 2002. "Monetary Union: European Lessons, Latin American Prospects," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 167, Central Bank of Chile.
- Eduard Hochreiter & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Georg Winckler, 2002. "Monetary Union: European Lessons, Latin American Prospects," Working Papers 68, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Kim, Soyoung & Roubini, Nouriel, 2000. "Exchange rate anomalies in the industrial countries: A solution with a structural VAR approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 561-586, June.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2006. "Monetary unions, external shocks and economic performance: A Latin American perspective," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 225-247, December.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2006. "Monetary Unions, External Shocks and Economic Performance: A Latin American Perspective," Working Papers 43, Bank of Greece.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2006. "Monetary Unions, External Shocks and Economic Performance: A Latin American Perspective," NBER Working Papers 12229, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Frankel & Martín Rapetti, 2010. "A Concise History of Exchange Rate Regimes in Latin America," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2010-11, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Roberto Frenkel & Martin Rapetti, 2010. "A Concise History of Exchange Rate Regimes in Latin America," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2010-01, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Hochreiter, Eduard & Siklos, Pierre L., 2002. "Alternative exchange-rate regimes: The options for Latin America," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 195-211, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gat:wpaper:1140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nelly Wirth)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.