The Duality Between the Anti-Exchange Closure Operators and the Path Independent Choice Operators on a Finite Set
In this paper, we show that the correspondence discovered by Koshevoy (1999) and, Johnson and Dean (1998) between anti-exchange closure operators and path independent choice operators is a duality between two semilattices of such operators. Then we use this duality to obtain old and new results concerning the "ordinal" representations of choice functions from the theory of anti-exchange closure operators.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: France; Universite de Paris I - Pantheon- Sorbonne, 12 Place de Pantheon-75005 Paris, France|
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://cermsem.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard A. Dean & Mark R. Johnson, 2000. "Locally Complete Path Independent Choice Functions and Their Lattices," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0622, Econometric Society.
- Plott, Charles R, 1973. "Path Independence, Rationality, and Social Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1075-1091, November.
- Caspard, N. & Monjardet, B., 2000. "The Lattice of Closure Systems, Closure Operators and Implicational Systems on a Finite Set : A Survey," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 2000.120, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Koshevoy, Gleb A., 1999. "Choice functions and abstract convex geometries," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Edelman, Paul H., 1997. "A note on voting," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 37-50, August.
- Amartya K. Sen, 1971. "Choice Functions and Revealed Preference," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(3), pages 307-317.