The Duality Between the Anti-Exchange Closure Operators and the Path Independent Choice Operators on a Finite Set
In this paper, we show that the correspondence discovered by Koshevoy (1999) and, Johnson and Dean (1998) between anti-exchange closure operators and path independent choice operators is a duality between two semilattices of such operators. Then we use this duality to obtain old and new results concerning the "ordinal" representations of choice functions from the theory of anti-exchange closure operators.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://cermsem.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koshevoy, Gleb A., 1999. "Choice functions and abstract convex geometries," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Edelman, Paul H., 1997. "A note on voting," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 37-50, August.
- Plott, Charles R, 1973. "Path Independence, Rationality, and Social Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1075-91, November.
- Caspard, N. & Monjardet, B., 2000. "The Lattice of Closure Systems, Closure Operators and Implicational Systems on a Finite Set : A Survey," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 2000.120, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Sen, Amartya K, 1971. "Choice Functions and Revealed Preference," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(115), pages 307-17, July.
- Richard A. Dean & Mark R. Johnson, 2000. "Locally Complete Path Independent Choice Functions and Their Lattices," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0622, Econometric Society.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:pariem:1999-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.