Outcast Condition in the Choice Theory
In the paper we give two characterizations of choice functions satisfying the outcast condition. The first one is given in order terms, and the second (algebraic) one is given in terms of an operation on the set of stable menus. We investigate implications of associativity of the operation as well as of other strengthenings of the outcast axioms.
Volume (Year): 13 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Nakhimovsky prospekt, 32, Office 1115, 117218 Moscow Russia|
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Plott, Charles R, 1973. "Path Independence, Rationality, and Social Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 1075-1091, November.
- Koshevoy, Gleb A., 1999. "Choice functions and abstract convex geometries," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Malishevski, Andrey V., 1994. "Path independence in serial--parallel data processing," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 335-367, June.
- Bernard Monjardet & Vololonirina Raderanirina, 2004.
"Lattices of choice functions and consensus problems,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 23(3), pages 349-382, December.
- Bernard Monjardet & Raderanirina Vololonirina, 2004. "Lattices of choice functions and consensus problems," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00203346, HAL.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00203346 is not listed on IDEAS
- Danilov, V. & Koshevoy, G., 2005. "Mathematics of Plott choice functions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 245-272, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2012:i:13:p:34-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.