Local Fiscal Equalization: a New Proposal and an Experiment
This paper formalizes the new schemes of fiscal equalization that has been decided in 2009 and will be introduced at the local level in the canton of Fribourg (Switzerland) in 2011. It develops the political economy of the proposal with the aim of understanding the participative democratic process that led to the acceptance of a radical change in the canton's equalization policy, the normative concept of solidarity which founds this policy and its model implementation.
|Date of creation:||01 Jul 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bd de Pérolles 90, CH-1700 Fribourg|
Phone: +41 26 300 8200
Fax: +41 26 300 9725
Web page: http://www.unifr.ch/ses/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robin Boadway & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2004.
"An Evaluation of the Stabilization Properties of Equalization in Canada,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 30(1), pages 91-109, March.
- Robin Boadway & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2002. "An Evaluation of the Risk-Sharing Function of Equalization in Canada," Working Papers 1006, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Robin Boadway & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2003. "An Evaluation of the Stabilization Properties of Equalization in Canada," Working Papers 1015, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Jameson Boex & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2004. "Designing Intergovernmental Equalization Transfers with Imperfect Data: Concepts, Practices, and Lessons," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0421, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Bernard Dafflon & Krisztina Tóth, 2003. "Local Fiscal Equalisation in Switzerland: The Case of the Canton Fribourg," FSES Working Papers 363, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)