Food safety requirements in African green bean exports and their impact on small farmers:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elizabeth M. M. Q. Farina & Thomas Reardon, 2000. "Agrifood Grades and Standards in the Extended Mercosur: Their Role in the Changing Agrifood System," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1170-1176.
- Berdegue, Julio A. & Balsevich, Fernando & Flores, Luis & Reardon, Thomas, 2005. "Central American supermarkets' private standards of quality and safety in procurement of fresh fruits and vegetables," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 254-269, June.
- Regmi, Anita & Gehlhar, Mark J., 2005. "Processed Food Trade Pressured by Evolving Global Supply Chains," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, February.
- Nava Ashaf & Xavier Gine & Dean Karlan, 2006. "Growing export-oriented crops in kenya: An evaluation of drumnet services," Natural Field Experiments 00208, The Field Experiments Website.
- Farina, Elizabeth M.M.Q. & Gutman, Graciela E. & Lavarello, Pablo J. & Nunes, Rubens & Reardon, T., 2005. "Private and public milk standards in Argentina and Brazil," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 302-315, June.
- Henson, Spencer & Masakure, Oliver & Boselie, David, 2005. "Private food safety and quality standards for fresh produce exporters: The case of Hortico Agrisystems, Zimbabwe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 371-384, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kareem, Olayinka Idowu, 2016. "Food safety regulations and fish trade: Evidence from European Union-Africa trade relations," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 18-25.
- Cervantes-Godoy, Dalila & Sparling, David & Avendano, Belem & Calvin, Linda, 2007. "North American Retailers and Their Impact on Food Chains," 2007 NAAMIC Workshop IV: Contemporary Drivers of Integration 163902, North American Agrifood Market Integration Consortium (NAAMIC).
- Muriithi, Beatrice, 2015. "Smallholder Horticultural Commercialization: Gender Roels and Implications for Household Well-being in Kenya," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212516, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:ner:leuven:urn:hdl:123456789/335950 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fischer, Elisabeth & Qaim, Matin, 2012. "Linking Smallholders to Markets: Determinants and Impacts of Farmer Collective Action in Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1255-1268.
- Julius Okello & Ruth Okello, 2010. "Do EU pesticide standards promote environmentally-friendly production of fresh export vegetables in developing countries? The evidence from Kenyan green bean industry," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 341-355, June.
- Liesbeth Colen & Miet Maertens & Johan Swinnen, 2012. "Private Standards, Trade and Poverty: GlobalGAP and Horticultural Employment in Senegal," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(8), pages 1073-1088, August.
- Muriithi, Beatrice W. & Matz, Julia Anna, 2015.
"Welfare effects of vegetable commercialization: Evidence from smallholder producers in Kenya,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 80-91.
- Muriithi, Beatrice & Matz, Julia Anna, 2014. "Welfare Effects of Vegetable Commercialization: Evidence from Smallholder Producers in Kenya," Discussion Papers 166029, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Nava Ashraf & Xavier Giné & Dean Karlan, 2009.
"Finding Missing Markets (and a Disturbing Epilogue): Evidence from an Export Crop Adoption and Marketing Intervention in Kenya,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), pages 973-990.
- Nava Ashraf & Xavier Giné & Dean Karlan, 2008. "Finding Missing Markets (and a disturbing epilogue): Evidence from an Export Crop Adoption and Marketing Intervention in Kenya," Working Papers 967, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Ashraf, Nava & Gine, Xavier & Karlan, Dean, 2008. "Finding Missing Markets (and a Disturbing Epilogue): Evidence from an Export Crop Adoption and Marketing Intervention in Kenya," Working Papers 56, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Ashraf, Nava & Gine, Xavier & Karlan, Dean, 2008. "Finding missing markets (and a disturbing epilogue) : evidence from an export crop adoption and marketing intervention in Kenya," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4477, The World Bank.
- Ashraf, Nava & Giné, Xavier & Karlan, Dean S., 2009. "Finding Missing Markets (and a disturbing epilogue): Evidence from an Export Crop Adoption and Marketing Intervention in Kenya," CEPR Discussion Papers 7133, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2011.
"Multinationals or Cooperatives: Does it Matter to Farmers? - A Study of the Dairy Sector in Punjab (India),"
2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland
115545, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Vandeplas, Anneleen & Minten, Bart & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2012. "Multinationals versus cooperatives: The income and efficiency effects of supply chain governance in India," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126892, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Knutson, Bob & Josling, Tim, 2008. "A new generation of standards: implications for the Caribbean and Latin America," Documentos de Proyectos 261, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Narrod, Clare & Roy, Devesh & Okello, Julius & Avendaño, Belem & Rich, Karl & Thorat, Amit, 2009. "Public-private partnerships and collective action in high value fruit and vegetable supply chains," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 8-15, February.
- Paggi, Mechel S. & Yamazaki, Fumiko & Ribera, Luis A. & Knutson, Ronald D. & Anciso, Juan & Palma, Marco A. & Noel, Jay E., 2010. "Comparative Producer Costs Of Gap And Ghp Standards: Can The Playing Field Be Made Level?," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116406, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Henson, Spencer & Masakure, Oliver & Cranfield, John, 2011. "Do Fresh Produce Exporters in Sub-Saharan Africa Benefit from GlobalGAP Certification?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 375-386, March.
- Shimon, Otieno Peter & Ogutu, Chris Ackello & Mburu, John & Nyikal, Rose Adhiambo, 2016. "Does Global-GAP policy reduce smallholder greenhouse gas emissions from French bean production in Central and Eastern regions of Kenya?," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246437, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Narrod, Clare & Roy, Devesh & Okello, Julius & Avendaño, Belem & Rich, Karl, 2007. "The role of public-private partnerships and collective action in ensuring smallholder participation in high value fruit and vegetable supply chains:," CAPRi working papers 70, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Olayinka Idowu Kareem, 2014. "The European Union Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures and Africa’s Exports," RSCAS Working Papers 2014/98, European University Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational food safety standards; Small farmers; Supply chains; Agricultural trade; Public-private partnerships;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2008-03-25 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2008-03-25 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-25 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:737. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.