Recourse and residential mortgage default: theory and evidence from U.S. states
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marianna Kudlyak & Andra Ghent, 2010. "Recourse and Residential Mortgage Default: Theory and Evidence from U.S. States," 2010 Meeting Papers 33, Society for Economic Dynamics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dennis R. Capozza & Dick Kazarian & Thomas A. Thomson, 1997. "Mortgage Default in Local Markets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(4), pages 631-655.
- Ambrose, Brent W & Capone, Charles A, Jr & Deng, Yongheng, 2001. "Optimal Put Exercise: An Empirical Examination of Conditions for Mortgage Foreclosure," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 213-234, September.
- Ambrose, Brent W & Buttimer, Richard J, Jr & Capone, Charles A, 1997. "Pricing Mortgage Default and Foreclosure Delay," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 314-325, August.
- John Y. Campbell & Stefano Giglio & Parag Pathak, 2011.
"Forced Sales and House Prices,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 2108-2131, August.
- John Y. Campbell & Stefano Giglio & Parag Pathak, 2009. "Forced Sales and House Prices," NBER Working Papers 14866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giglio, Stefano & Pathak, Parag & Campbell, John Y., 2011. "Forced Sales and House Prices," Scholarly Articles 9887623, Harvard University Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Demyanyk, Yuliya, 2017.
"The impact of missed payments and foreclosures on credit scores,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 108-119.
- Demyanyk, Yuliya, 2014. "The Impact of Missed Payments and Foreclosures on Credit Scores," Working Paper 1423, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Dean Corbae & Erwan Quintin, 2015. "Leverage and the Foreclosure Crisis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 123(1), pages 1-65.
- Sonya Ravindranath Waddell & Anne Davlin & Edward Simpson Prescott, 2011. "A regional look at the role of house prices and labor market conditions in mortgage default," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue 1Q, pages 1-43.
- Neil Bhutta & Jane K. Dokko & Hui Shan, 2010. "The depth of negative equity and mortgage default decisions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2010-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- W. Scott Frame & Larry D. Wall & Lawrence J. White, 2012.
"The devil's in the tail: residential mortgage finance and the U.S. Treasury,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
2012-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- W. Scott Frame & Larry D. Wall & Lawrence J. White, 2012. "The Devil's in the Tail: Residential Mortgage Finance and the U.S. Treasury," Working Papers 12-12, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Alicia Sasser Modestino & Julia Dennett, 2012. "Are American homeowners locked into their houses?: the impact of housing market conditions on state-to-state migration," Working Papers 12-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Allen C. Goodman & Brent C. Smith, 2010. "Housing default: theory works and so does policy," Working Paper 10-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Joseph Gyourko & Joseph Tracy, 2013. "Unemloyment and Unobserved Credit Risk in the FHA Single Family Mortgage Insurance Fund," NBER Working Papers 18880, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raven Molloy & Hui Shan, 2013.
"The Postforeclosure Experience of U.S. Households,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 41(2), pages 225-254, June.
- Raven S. Molloy & Hui Shan, 2011. "The post-foreclosure experience of U.S. households," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Matthew Read & Chris Stewart & Gianni La Cava, 2014. "Mortgage-related Financial Difficulties: Evidence from Australian Micro-level Data," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2014-13, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Saral, Krista Jabs, 2009. "An Analysis of Market-Based and Statutory Limited Liability in Second Price Auctions," MPRA Paper 25143, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khandani, Amir E. & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C., 2013.
"Systemic risk and the refinancing ratchet effect,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 29-45.
- Amir E. Khandani & Andrew W. Lo & Robert C. Merton, 2009. "Systemic Risk and the Refinancing Ratchet Effect," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-023, Harvard Business School, revised Jul 2010.
- Amir E. Khandani & Andrew W. Lo & Robert C. Merton, 2009. "Systemic Risk and the Refinancing Ratchet Effect," NBER Working Papers 15362, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nathan B. Anderson & Jane K. Dokko, 2016.
"Liquidity Problems and Early Payment Default among Subprime Mortgages,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 98(5), pages 897-912, December.
- Nathan B. Anderson & Jane K. Dokko, 2011. "Liquidity problems and early payment default among subprime mortgages," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-09, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Eugene Amromin & Jennifer Huang & Clemens Sialm & Edward Zhong, 2010. "Complex mortgages," Working Paper Series WP-2010-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Thomas Schelkle, 2012. "Mortgage Default during the U.S. Mortgage Crisis," 2012 Meeting Papers 751, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 2014. "Reconciling theory and empirics on the role of unemployment in mortgage default," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 87-96.
- Schulhofer-Wohl, Sam, 2012.
"Negative equity does not reduce homeowners’ mobility,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Feb, pages 1-17.
- Sam Schulhofer-Wohl, 2010. "Negative equity does not reduce homeowners' mobility," Working Papers 682, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Sam Schulhofer-Wohl, 2011. "Negative Equity Does Not Reduce Homeowners' Mobility," NBER Working Papers 16701, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bis:bisqtr:1712f is not listed on IDEAS
- Clancy, Daragh & Merola, Rossana, 2014. "The effect of macroprudential policy on endogenous credit cycles," Research Technical Papers 15/RT/14, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Erwan Quintin, 2012. "More punishment, less default?," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 427-454, November.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-RMG-2009-08-22 (Risk Management)
- NEP-URE-2009-08-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedrwp:09-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Pascasio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbrius.html .