On the response of interest rates to unexpected weekly money: are policy changes important?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Deaves, Richard & Melino, Angelo & Pesando, James E., 1987.
"The response of interest rates to the Federal Reserve's weekly money announcements : The 'puzzle' of anticipated money,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 393-404, May.
- Richard Deaves & Angelo Melino & James E. Pesando, 1987. "The Response of Interest Rates to the Federal Reserve's Weekly Money Announcements: The "Puzzle" of Anticipated Money," NBER Working Papers 2125, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William T. Gavin & Nicholas V. Karamouzis, 1984. "Monetary policy and real interest rates: new evidence from the money stock announcements," Working Paper 8406, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Antoncic, Madelyn, 1986. "High and Volatile Real Interest Rates: Where Does the Fed Fit In?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(1), pages 18-27, February.
- Belongia, Michael T & Hafer, R W & Sheehan, Richard G, 1988. "On the Temporal Stability of the Interest Rate-Weekly Money Relationship," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 516-520, August.
- John P. Judd, 1984. "Money supply announcements, forward interest rates and budget deficits," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Fall, pages 36-46.
- Cornell, Bradford, 1983. "The Money Supply Announcements Puzzle: Review and Interpretation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 644-657, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gamber, Edward N. & Hakes, David R., 1995. "Do shifts in federal reserve policy regimes explain interest rate anomalies?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 227-240.
- Vilasuso, Jon, 1999. "The Liquidity Effect and the Operating Procedure of the Federal Reserve," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 443-461, July.
More about this item
KeywordsInterest rates ; Money supply ; Monetary policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlwp:1987-005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .