The Finnish Model of STI Policy: Experiences and Guidelines. KNOGG Thematic Network WP4 Country Report - Finland
This report reviews the Finnish science, technology and innovation (STI) policies. The structure and actors of national innovation system (NIS) are described shortly as well as the functioning of education system. The performance of the Finnish STI policies is evaluated by referring to alternative comparative measurements. The roles of multinational companies and EU research programmes in the NIS are discussed briefly. The main conclusion of this report is that the Finnish STI policy has been successful in creating a wellfunctioning NIS and providing higher education. The main challenges are related to the absorptive capacities of Finland. So far, flows of inward FDI have not been satisfactory.
|Date of creation:||03 Sep 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Arkadiankatu 7, P.O. Box 1279, FI-00101 Helsinki|
Phone: +358 295 519 400
Fax: +358 295 519 599
Web page: http://www.vatt.fi/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard G. Lipsey & Kenneth Carlaw, 2000. "What Does Total Factor Productivity Measure?," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 1, pages 31-40, Fall.
- Alan B. Krueger & Mikael Lindahl, 2000.
"Education for Growth: Why and For Whom?,"
NBER Working Papers
7591, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maliranta, Mika, 2002. "From R&D to Productivity Through Micro-Level Restructuring," Discussion Papers 795, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe De La Potterie, 2003.
"The impact of public R&D expenditure on business R&D,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 225-243.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, 2000. "The Impact of Public R&D Expenditure on Business R&D," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2000/4, OECD Publishing.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Dominique Guellec, 2003. "The impact of public R&D expenditure on business R&D," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/6213, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Leiponen, Aija, . "Essays in the Economics of Knowledge: Innovation, Collaboration, and Organizational Complementarities," ETLA A, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 31, September.
- Lööf, Hans & Heshmati, Almas & Asplund, Rita & Nåås, Svein-Olav, 2001. "Innovation and Performance in Manufacturing Industries: A Comparison of the Nordic Countries," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 0457, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Jaakko Kiander & Reino Hjerppe & Elina Berghäll & Tuomo Heikkilä & Juha Kilponen & Vladimir Lavrac & Peter Stanovnik, 2002. "The Role of Science and Technology Policy in Small Economies," Research Reports 91, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fer:dpaper:313. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.