Hicks and Richardson on industrial change:analysis and policy
This book addresses the foundations of economic growth at the firm level, combining both theoretical and econometric contributions by established scholars. Challenging contributions revisit Marshallâ€™s view on the management of innovation, investigate the decision of firms to venture into entrepreneurship and clarify some misunderstanding about Schumpeterâ€™s ideas. The book goes on to shed light on the classical specialisation-flexibility trade-off and provides a vision on the role of the knowledge-based economy and firm networks in technology development. Firm survival and performance, price-cost margins and the determinants of research intensity are also investigated econometrically.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 69, quai d'Orsay - 75007 PARIS|
Phone: 01 44 18 54 00
Fax: 01 45 56 06 15
Web page: http://www.ofce.sciences-po.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amendola, Mario & Bruno, Sergio, 1990. "The behaviour of the innovative firm: Relations to the environment," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 419-433, October.
- Mario Amendola & Jean-Luc Gaffard, 1998.
"Out of equilibrium,"
- Douglass C. North, 2005. "Introduction to Understanding the Process of Economic Change," Introductory Chapters, in: Understanding the Process of Economic Change Princeton University Press.
- Amendola1, M. & Froeschle, C. & Gaffard, J. L., 1993. "Sustaining structural change: Malthus's heritage," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 65-79, June.
- Amendola, M & Gaffard, J L, 1992. "Intertemporal Complementarity and Money in an Economy out of Equilibrium," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 131-45, August.
- Hicks, J R, 1970. "A Neo-Austrian Growth Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 80(318), pages 257-81, June.
- Richardson, G B, 1972. "The Organisation of Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 883-96, September.
- John C. H. Fei, 1965. "Per Capita Consumption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 79(1), pages 52-72.
- Hicks, John, 1989. "A Market Theory of Money," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287247, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fce:doctra:0828. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francesco Saraceno)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.