Hicks and Richardson on industrial change:analysis and policy
This book addresses the foundations of economic growth at the firm level, combining both theoretical and econometric contributions by established scholars. Challenging contributions revisit Marshallâ€™s view on the management of innovation, investigate the decision of firms to venture into entrepreneurship and clarify some misunderstanding about Schumpeterâ€™s ideas. The book goes on to shed light on the classical specialisation-flexibility trade-off and provides a vision on the role of the knowledge-based economy and firm networks in technology development. Firm survival and performance, price-cost margins and the determinants of research intensity are also investigated econometrically.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 69, quai d'Orsay - 75007 PARIS|
Phone: 01 44 18 54 00
Fax: 01 45 56 06 15
Web page: http://www.ofce.sciences-po.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amendola1, M. & Froeschle, C. & Gaffard, J. L., 1993. "Sustaining structural change: Malthus's heritage," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 65-79, June.
- Amendola, Mario & Gaffard, Jean-Luc, 1998.
"Out of Equilibrium,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780198293804, December.
- Amendola, Mario & Bruno, Sergio, 1990. "The behaviour of the innovative firm: Relations to the environment," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 419-433, October.
- Amendola, M & Gaffard, J L, 1992. "Intertemporal Complementarity and Money in an Economy out of Equilibrium," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 131-45, August.
- Hicks, John, 1989. "A Market Theory of Money," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287247, December.
- John C. H. Fei, 1965. "Per Capita Consumption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 79(1), pages 52-72.
- Douglass C. North, 2005. "Introduction to Understanding the Process of Economic Change," Introductory Chapters, in: Understanding the Process of Economic Change Princeton University Press.
- Hicks, J R, 1970. "A Neo-Austrian Growth Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 80(318), pages 257-81, June.
- Richardson, G B, 1972. "The Organisation of Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 883-96, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fce:doctra:0828. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francesco Saraceno)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.