Animal Spirits in Woodford and Reichlin Economies: The Representative Agent Does Matter
Macroeconomic dynamic models are often criticized because the households’ behavior is summarized by a representative agent and, then, they do not take into account consumers’ heterogeneity. Reconsidering the Woodford (1986) infinite-horizon model and the Reichlin (1986) OLG model, we show that the representative agent can be a good representation of heterogeneity in preferences, in order to study the local dynamics and the occurrence of endogenous fluctuations.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 4, bld Francois Mitterand, 91025 Evry Cedex|
Phone: +33 1 69 47 71 77
Fax: +33 1 69 47 70 50
Web page: http://epee.univ-evry.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- GRANDMONT, Jean-Michel & PINTUS, Patrick & de VILDER, Robin, 1997.
"Capital-labor substitution and competitive nonlinear endogenous business cycles,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1997087, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel & Pintus, Patrick & de Vilder, Robin, 1998. "Capital-Labor Substitution and Competitive Nonlinear Endogenous Business Cycles," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 14-59, May.
- Jean-Michel Grandmont & P, A, Pintus & R, De Vilder, 1997. "Capital-Labor Substitution and Competitive Nonlinear Endogenous Business Cycles," Working Papers 97-28, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Christian Ghiglino, 2003.
"Wealth inequality and dynamic stability,"
dp0310, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Cazzavillan, Guido, 2001. "Indeterminacy and Endogenous Fluctuations with Arbitrarily Small Externalities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 133-157, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eve:wpaper:05-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Samuel Nosel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.