What drives gasoline taxes?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmid, Friedrich & Schmidt, Rafael, 2007. "Multivariate conditional versions of Spearman's rho and related measures of tail dependence," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(6), pages 1123-1140, July.
- Joe, Harry, 1990. "Multivariate concordance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-30, October.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2007. "Out-of-Pocket Health Care Expenditures by Russian Consumers with Different Health Status," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 14(2), pages 331-338, November.
- Koen DECANCQ, 2010. "Copula-based orderings of multivariate dependence," Working Papers Department of Economics ces10.08, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Valentino Dardanoni & Peter Lambert, 2001. "Horizontal inequity comparisons," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 18(4), pages 799-816.
- Colangelo, Antonio & Scarsini, Marco & Shaked, Moshe, 2006. "Some positive dependence stochastic orders," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 46-78, January.
- Larry G. Epstein & Stephen M. Tanny, 1980. "Increasing Generalized Correlation: A Definition and Some Economic Consequences," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 16-34, February.
- Denuit, Michel & Lambert, Philippe, 2005. "Constraints on concordance measures in bivariate discrete data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 40-57, March.
- Inna Blam & Sergey Kovalev, 2006. "Spontaneous commercialisation, inequality and the contradictions of compulsory medical insurance in transitional Russia," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 407-423.
- Cebrián, Ana C. & Denuit, Michel & Scaillet, Olivier, 2004. "Testing for Concordance Ordering," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 151-173, May.
- A. B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon, 1982. "The Comparison of Multi-Dimensioned Distributions of Economic Status," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 183-201.
- M. Taylor, 2007. "Multivariate measures of concordance," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 59(4), pages 789-806, December.
- Marc Fleurbaey & Alain Trannoy, 2003. "The impossibility of a Paretian egalitarian," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 21(2), pages 243-263, October.
- Moulin, H & Thomson, W, 1995. "Axiomatic Analysis of Resource Allocation," RCER Working Papers 400, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Doorslaer, Eddy van & Jones, Andrew M., 2003. "Inequalities in self-reported health: validation of a new approach to measurement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 61-87, January.
- Indranil Dutta & Prasanta K. Pattanaik & Yongsheng Xu, 2003. "On Measuring Deprivation and the Standard of Living in a Multidimensional Framework on the Basis of Aggregate Data," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 70(278), pages 197-221, May.
- Michael Lokshin & Martin Ravallion, 2008. "Testing for an economic gradient in health status using subjective data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(11), pages 1237-1259.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- A driving median voter reduces gas taxes
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2011-02-01 21:40:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Russo, Antonio, 2013. "Voting on road congestion policy," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 707-724.
- De Borger, Bruno & Proost, Stef, 2012.
"A political economy model of road pricing,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 79-92.
- Bruno DE BORGER & Stef PROOST, 2010. "A political economy model of road pricing," Working Papers Department of Economics ces10.20, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & PROOST, Stef, 2010. "A political economy model of road pricing," Working Papers 2010014, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Julien Daubanes & Lisa Leinert, 2012. "Optimum Tariffs and Exhaustible Resources: Theory and Evidence for Gasoline," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 12/163, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
More about this item
Keywordsgasoline taxes; median voter theory; political economy;
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- L98 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Government Policy
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Adoption and Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2010-12-23 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-ENE-2010-12-23 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2010-12-23 (Public Finance)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ete:ceswps:ces10.01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (library EBIB). General contact details of provider: http://feb.kuleuven.be/Economics/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .