A Competitive Genetic Algorithm for Single Row Facility Layout
The single row facility layout is the NP-Hard problem of arranging facilities with given lengths on a line, so as to minimize the weighted sum of the distances between all pairs of facilities. Owing to the computational complexity of the problem, researchers have developed several heuristics to obtain good quality solutions. A genetic algorithm to solve large SRFLP instances is presented. [W.P. No. 2012-03-01]. URL:[http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/assets/snippets/workingpaperpdf/11085928692012-03-01.pdf].
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ravi Kumar, K. & Hadjinicola, George C. & Lin, Ting-li, 1995. "A heuristic procedure for the single-row facility layout problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 65-73, November.
- Heragu, Sunderesh S. & Kusiak, Andrew, 1991. "Efficient models for the facility layout problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-13, July.
- Heragu, Sunderesh S. & Alfa, Attahiru Sule, 1992. "Experimental analysis of simulated annealing based algorithms for the layout problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 190-202, March.
- Samarghandi, Hamed & Eshghi, Kourosh, 2010. "An efficient tabu algorithm for the single row facility layout problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 205(1), pages 98-105, August.
- Datta, Dilip & Amaral, André R.S. & Figueira, José Rui, 2011. "Single row facility layout problem using a permutation-based genetic algorithm," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(2), pages 388-394, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:4915. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.