Efficiency and Productivity Growth in Indian Banking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mamalakis, Markos J, 1987. "The Treatment of Interest and Financial Intermediaries in the National Accounts: The Old "Bundle" versus the New "Unbundle" Approach," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 33(2), pages 169-192, June.
- K. R. Shanmugam & A. Das, 2004.
"Efficiency of Indian commercial banks during the reform period,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 681-686.
- Abhiman Das & K. R. Sanmugam, 2004. "Efficiency of Indian commercial banks during the reform period," Industrial Organization 0410005, EconWPA.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1992.
"Measurement and Efficiency Issues in Commercial Banking,"
NBER Chapters,in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 245-300
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1990. "Measurement and efficiency issues in commercial banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 151, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N. & Hanweck, Gerald A. & Humphrey, David B., 1987.
"Competitive viability in banking : Scale, scope, and product mix economies,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 501-520, December.
- Allen N. Berger & Gerald A. Hanweck & David B. Humphrey, 1986. "Competitive viability in banking: scale, scope, and product mix economies," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hancock, Diana, 1985. "The Financial Firm: Production with Monetary and Nonmonetary Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 859-880, October.
- Abhiman Das & Ashok Nag & Subhash Ray, 2004. "Liberalization, Ownership, and Efficiency in Indian Banking: A Nonparametric Approach," Working papers 2004-29, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Benston, George J & Hanweck, Gerald A & Humphrey, David B, 1982.
"Scale Economies in Banking: A Restructuring and Reassessment,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 435-456, November.
- George J. Benston & Gerald A. Hanweck & David B. Humphrey, 1981. "Scale economies in banking: a restructuring and reassessment," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 53, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Sarkar, Subrata, 2003. " Deregulation, Ownership, and Productivity Growth in the Banking Industry: Evidence from India," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(3), pages 403-424, June.
- Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Lovell, C. A. K. & Sahay, Pankaj, 1997. "The impact of liberalization on the productive efficiency of Indian commercial banks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 332-345, April.
- H.P. Mahesh & Shashanka Bhide, 2008. "Do Financial Sector Reforms Make Commercial Banks More Efficient? A Parametric Exploration of the Indian Case," Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 2(4), pages 415-441, November.
- Sealey, Calvin W, Jr & Lindley, James T, 1977. "Inputs, Outputs, and a Theory of Production and Cost at Depository Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1251-1266, September.
More about this item
Keywordsefficeincy; productivity; growth; Indian banking; Frontier efficiency; banking; multivariate; economic reforms; semiparametric estimation; technology; production function; foreign banks; cash reserve ratio; CRR; Indian scheduled commercial banks;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:4359. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .