Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisations in India: Extent, Nature and Structure.July 2010
The corporate sector all over the world is restructuring its operations through mergers and acquisitions in an unprecedented manner in order to successfully overcome the challenges posed by globalization. One of the striking features of the present mergers and acquisitions scenario is the presence of a large number of cross-border deals, which is an easier way of internationalization comparing Greenfield mode of entry. Further, this is leading to a gradual shift in the organic ways of foreign investment into inorganic means of brownfield investment. In this context, the present study tries to understand the nature and extent of such deals in India in the backdrop of global scenario. [Working Paper No. 434]
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hrushikesh Mallick, 2008. "Do remittances impact the economy? Some empirical evidences from a developing economy," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 407, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2007. "Trends and Patterns of Overseas Acquisitions by Indian Multinationals," MPRA Paper 12404, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A L Calvet, 1981. "A Synthesis of Foreign Direct Investment Theories and Theories of the Multinational Firm," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 12(1), pages 43-59, March.
- Henrik Bresman & Julian Birkinshaw & Robert Nobel, 1999. "Knowledge Transfer in International Acquisitions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(3), pages 439-462, September.
- P.L. Beena, 2004. "Towards understanding the merger-wave in the Indian corporate sector: A comparative perspective," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 355, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Beena, S, 2006. "Mergers and Acquisitions in the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry: Nature, Structure and Performance," MPRA Paper 8144, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Jun 2007.
- Shapiro, Carl & Willig, Robert D, 1990. "On the Antitrust Treatment of Production Joint Ventures," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 113-130, Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3096. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.