Do the Rich Save More in Japan? Evidence Based on Two Micro Datasets for the 2000s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Horioka, Charles Yuji, 1990.
"Why is Japan's household saving rate so high? A literature survey,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 49-92, March.
- Yuji Horioka, Charles, 1988. "Why is Japan's Household Saving Rate So High? A Literature Survey," CEPR Publications 244421, Stanford University, Center for Economic Policy Research.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "Introduction to "A Theory of the Consumption Function"," NBER Chapters,in: A Theory of the Consumption Function, pages 1-6 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hori, Masahiro & Iwamoto, Koichiro & Hamaaki, Junya & Murata, Keiko, 2013. "Family and lifestyle survey: objectives, features of the 2011 survey, and questionnaire," CIS Discussion paper series 588, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Horioka, Charles Yuji, 2010.
"The (dis)saving behavior of the aged in Japan,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 151-158, August.
- Charles Y. Horioka, 2009. "The (Dis)saving Behavior of the Aged in Japan," NBER Working Papers 15601, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Yuji Horioka, 2009. "The (Dis)saving Behavior of the Aged in Japan," ISER Discussion Paper 0763, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Sule Alan & Kadir Atalay & Thomas F. Crossley, 2006.
"Do the Rich Save More in Canada?,"
Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports
406, McMaster University.
- Sule Alan & Kadir Atalay & Thomas F. Crossley, 2013. "Do the Rich Save More in Canada?," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1312, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Sule Alan & Kadir Atalay & Thomas F. Crossley, 2006. "Do the Rich Save More in Canada?," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 153, McMaster University.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1986. "Why Is Japan's Saving Rate So Apparently High?," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1986, Volume 1, pages 147-234 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hori, Masahiro & Iwamoto, Koichiro & Niizeki, Takeshi & Hamaaki, Junya & Murata, Keiko, 2013. "The Second “Family and Lifestyle Survey”: Objectives, Features of the Survey, and Questionnaire," CIS Discussion paper series 607, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Junya HAMAAKI & Masahiro HORI & Koichiro IWAMOTO & Saeko MAEDA & Keiko MURATA & Takeshi NIIZEKI, 2015. "Estimation of Real Assets Holdings by Japanese Households Based on the Microdata from the Family Income and Expenditure Survey:Estimation Methods and Illustrative Tables and Figures(in Japanese)," Economic Analysis, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 189, pages 65-96, February.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iwaisako, Tokuo & Ono, Arito & Saito, Amane & Tokuda, Hidenobu, 2016. "Impact of population aging on household savings and portfolio choice in Japan," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 61, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
Keywordssaving rates; lifetime/permanent income; Japan JEL classifications: D12; D91;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esj:esridp:322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (KAWAMOTO Takuma). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esrgvjp.html .