Ex-Ante vs. Ex-Post Efficiency in Personal Bankruptcy Proceedings
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Hung-Jen & White, Michelle J, 2000.
"An Optimal Personal Bankruptcy Procedure and Proposed Reforms,"
The Journal of Legal Studies,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 255-286, January.
- Wang, H.J. & White, M., 1998. "An Optimal Personal Bankruptcy Procedure and Proposed Reform," Papers 98-07, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Demougin, Dominique & Fluet, Claude, 2001. "Monitoring versus incentives," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1741-1764, October.
- Jochen Bigus & Eva-Maria Steiger, 2006. "When it pays to be honest: How a variable period of good conduct can improve incentives in personal bankruptcy proceedings," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 233-253, November.
- Song Han & Wenli Li, 2004.
"Fresh start or head start? The effect of filing for personal bankruptcy on the labor supply,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2004-28, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Song Han & Wenli Li, 2004. "Fresh start or head start? The effect of filing for personal bankruptcy on the labor supply," Working Papers 04-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Christoph Zaborowski & Peter Zweifel, 1999. "Getting Out of Debt: Garnishment of Wage in Whose Interest?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 207-230, November.
- Aghion, Philippe & Hermalin, Benjamin, 1990.
"Legal Restrictions on Private Contracts Can Enhance Efficiency,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 381-409, Fall.
- Aghion, P. & Hermalin, B., 1990. "Legal Restrictions on Private Contracts Can Enhance Efficiency," DELTA Working Papers 90-14, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Michelle J. White, 2005. "Economic Analysis of Corporate and Personal Bankruptcy Law," NBER Working Papers 11536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michel A. Robe & Eva-Maria Steiger & Pierre-Armand Michel, 2006. "Penalties and Optimality in Financial Contracts: Taking Stock," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-013, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Patrick Bolton & Howard Rosenthal, 2002. "Political Intervention in Debt Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(5), pages 1103-1134, October.
- Adler, Barry & Polak, Ben & Schwartz, Alan, 2000.
"Regulating Consumer Bankruptcy: A Theoretical Inquiry,"
The Journal of Legal Studies,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(2), pages 585-613, June.
- Barry Adler & Ben Polak & Alan Schwartz, 1999. "Regulating Consumer Bankruptcy: A Theoretical Inquiry," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm128, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jul 2000.
- Rea, Samuel A, Jr, 1984. "Arm-breaking, Consumer Credit and Personal Bankruptcy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(2), pages 188-208, April.
- Berkowitz, Jeremy & Hynes, Richard, 1999. "Bankruptcy Exemptions and the Market for Mortgage Loans," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 809-830, October.
More about this item
KeywordsPersonal Bankruptcy; Limited Liability; Moral Hazard; Law & Economics;
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- K35 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Personal Bankruptcy Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2006-09-23 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-09-23 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-LAW-2006-09-23 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esi:discus:2006-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karin Richter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mpiewde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.