Nothing but consultation: The place of organised civil society in EU policy-making across policies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Follesdal, Andreas & Hix, Simon, 2005. "Why There is a Democratic Deficit in the EU: A Response to Majone and Moravcsik," European Governance Papers (EUROGOV) 2, CONNEX and EUROGOV networks.
- Webster, Ruth, 2000. "What drives interest group collaboration at the EU level? Evidence from the European environmental interest groups," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 4, December.
- Trygve Ugland & Frode Veggeland, 2006. "Experiments in Food Safety Policy Integration in the European Union," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44, pages 607-624, September.
- Andrew Moravcsik, 1993. "Preferences and Power in the European Community: A Liberal Intergovernmentalist Approach," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 473-524, December.
- Eckardt, Martina, 2003. "The Open Method of Co-ordination on Pensions - An Economic Analysis of its Effects on Pension Reforms," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 39, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Kröger, Sandra, 2006. "When learning hits politics or: Social policy coordination left to the administrations and the NGOs?," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 10, May.
- Clark, Gordon L. & Whiteside, Noel (ed.), 2003. "Pension Security in the 21st Century: Redrawing the Public-Private Debate," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199261765.
- Smismans, Stijn, 2006. "New Modes of Governance and the Participatory Myth," European Governance Papers (EUROGOV) 1, CONNEX and EUROGOV networks.
- Mary Daly, 2006. "EU Social Policy after Lisbon," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44, pages 461-481, September.
- Claus Offe & Ulrich K. Preuss, 2006. "The Problem of Legitimacy in the European Polity. Is Democratization the Answer?," The Constitutionalism Web-Papers p0028, University of Hamburg, Faculty for Economics and Social Sciences, Department of Social Sciences, Institute of Political Science.
- Paul Magnette, 2003. "European Governance and Civic Participation: Beyond Elitist Citizenship?," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 51(1), pages 144-160, March.
- Scharpf, Fritz W., 1999. "Regieren in Europa: Effektiv und demokratisch?," Schriften aus dem Max-Planck-Institut für Gesellschaftsforschung Köln, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, volume 0, number sbd-1999, March.
- Alex Warleigh, 2001. "‘Europeanizing’ Civil Society: NGOs as Agents of Political Socialization," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 619-639, November.
- Trygve Ugland & Frode Veggeland, 2006. "Experiments in Food Safety Policy Integration in the European Union," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 607-624, September.
- Andreas Broscheid & David Coen, 2003. "Insider and Outsider Lobbying of the European Commission," European Union Politics, , vol. 4(2), pages 165-189, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans-Jörg Trenz, Nadine Bernhard & Erik Jentges, 2009. "Civil society and EU constitution-making: Towards a European social constituency?," RECON Online Working Papers Series 7, RECON.
- Richard Bellamy, 2010. "The Liberty of the Post-Moderns? Market and Civic Freedom within the EU," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 01, European Institute, LSE.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Tanja Börzel, 2010. "European Governance: Negotiation and Competition in the Shadow of Hierarchy," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 191-219, March.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/8523 is not listed on IDEAS
- Henrik Scheller & Annegret Eppler, 2014. "European Disintegration â€“ non-existing Phenomenon or a Blind Spot of European Integration Research? Preliminary Thoughts for a Research Agenda," Working Papers of the Vienna Institute for European integration research (EIF) 2, Institute for European integration research (EIF).
- Cornelia Woll, 2006. "Lobbying in the European Union: From Sui Generis to a Comparative Perspective," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/8523, Sciences Po.
- Szajkowska, Anna, 2009. "From mutual recognition to mutual scientific opinion? Constitutional framework for risk analysis in EU food safety law," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 529-538, December.
- Tanja Börzel, 2010. "European Governance: Negotiation and Competition in the Shadow of Hierarchy," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 191-219, March.
- Sabine Saurugger, 2007. "Democratic ‘Misfit’? Conceptions of Civil Society Participation in France and the European Union," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 55(2), pages 384-404, June.
- Kendall, Jeremy, 2005. "Third sector European policy: organisations between market and state, the policy process and the EU," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 29007, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Cornelia Woll, 2006. "Lobbying in the European Union: From Sui Generis to a Comparative Perspective," Post-Print hal-01021182, HAL.
- Robert Frith, 2008. "Cosmopolitan Democracy and the EU: The Case of Gender," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 56(1), pages 215-236, March.
- Caroline Patsias & Anne Latendresse & Laurence Bherer, 2013. "Participatory Democracy, Decentralization and Local Governance: the Montreal Participatory Budget in the light of ‘Empowered Participatory Governance’," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(6), pages 2214-2230, November.
- Thomas Doleys, 2009. "Incomplete Contracting, Commission Discretion and the Origins of EU Merger Control," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47, pages 483-506, June.
- Weidner, Helmut, 2005. "Global equity versus public interest? The case of climate change policy in Germany," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Civil Society and Transnational Networks SP IV 2005-102, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Malte Tobias Kähler, 2011. "From German Rules to European Discretion: Policy’s Slippery Slope," Chapters, in: David Howden (ed.), Institutions in Crisis, chapter 9, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Eric Tremolada & Carlos Tassara & Olivier Costa, 2019. "Colombia y la Unión Europea. Una asociación cada vez más estrecha," Books, Universidad Externado de Colombia, Facultad de Derecho, number 1101.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Ryusuke Shinohara, 2015. "The efficiency of monopolistic provision of public goods through simultaneous bilateral bargaining," ISER Discussion Paper 0948, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Seikel, Daniel, 2011. "Wie die Europäische Kommission Liberalisierung durchsetzt: Der Konflikt um das öffentlich-rechtliche Bankenwesen in Deutschland," MPIfG Discussion Paper 11/16, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Thumira Gunasena, 2016. "The applicability of adopting European Union?s integration model in South Asia: A comparative analysis of European Union and South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation," International Journal of Social Sciences, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, vol. 5(2), pages 19-43, May.
- Andreas Kyriacou, 2009. "Decision rules, membership and political centralization in the European Union," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 143-158, April.
- Elena Mihaela LIGHIAN, 2012. "Multilevel Governance and Principle of Subsidiarity in the European Union," Europolity – Continuity and Change in European Governance - Old Series, Department of International Relations and European Integration, National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, vol. 6(1-2), pages 15-26.
- Anna Horv‡th, 2007. "Committee Governance after the Enlargement of the EU: the Institutionalisation of Cooperation within the Social Protection Committee," European Political Economy Review, European Political Economy Infrastructure Consortium, vol. 6(March), pages 53-73.
More about this item
Keywordscivil society; deliberative democracy; democracy; European public space; interest representation; legitimacy; multilevel governance; participation; European Commission; political science;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2008-08-06 (Collective Decision-Making)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erp:eurogo:p0019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.connex-network.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Jessica Spiegel The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Jessica Spiegel to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.connex-network.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.