New Modes of Governance and the Participatory Myth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dermot Hodson & Imelda Maher, 2001. "The Open Method as a New Mode of Governance: The Case of Soft Economic Policy Co‐ordination," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 719-746, November.
- Paul Marginson & Keith Sisson, 1998. "European Collective Bargaining: A Virtual Prospect?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 505-528, December.
- Stijn Smismans, 2004. "EU Employment Policy: Decentralisation or Centralisation through the Open Method of Coordination," EUI-LAW Working Papers 1, European University Institute (EUI), Department of Law.
- Eberlein, Burkard & Kerwer, Dieter, 2002. "Theorising the New Modes of European Union Governance," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 6, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tanja Börzel, 2010. "European Governance: Negotiation and Competition in the Shadow of Hierarchy," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 191-219, March.
- Tanja Börzel, 2010. "European Governance: Negotiation and Competition in the Shadow of Hierarchy," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 191-219, March.
- Kröger, Sandra, 2008. "Nothing but consultation: The place of organised civil society in EU policy-making across policies," European Governance Papers (EUROGOV) 3, CONNEX and EUROGOV networks.
- Annemarie van Zeijl-Rozema & Ron Cörvers & René Kemp & Pim Martens, 2008. "Governance for sustainable development: a framework," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(6), pages 410-421.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Simon Fink, 2013. "Policy Convergence with or without the European Union: The Interaction of Policy Success, EU Membership and Policy Convergence," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 631-648, July.
- Sapir, Andre & Aghion, Philippe & Bertola, Giuseppe & Hellwig, Martin & Pisani-Ferry, Jean & Rosati, Dariusz & Vinals, Jose & Wallace, Helen, 2004.
"An Agenda for a Growing Europe: The Sapir Report,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199271498.
- André Sapir & Philippe Aghion & Giuseppe Bertola & Martin Hellwig & Jean Pisani-Ferry & Bernard Lange & José Viñals & Helen Wallace & Marco Buti & Mario Nava & Peter Smith, 2004. "An agenda for a growing Europe: the Sapir report," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8070, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Gonzalo Escribano, 2006. "Europeanisation without Europe? The Mediterranean and the Neighbourhood Policy," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 19, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Sabine Saurugger & Fabien Terpan, 2016. "Do crises lead to policy change? The multiple streams framework and the European Union’s economic governance instruments," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 49(1), pages 35-53, March.
- J. de Haan & H. Berger & D. Jansen, 2003.
"The end of the stability and growth pact?,"
WO Research Memoranda (discontinued)
748, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- de Haan, Jakob & Berger, Helge & Jansen, David-Jan, 2003. "The end of stability and growth pact?," Discussion Papers 2003/16, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Jakob de Haan & Helge Berger & David-Jan Jansen & Jakob de Haan, 2003. "The End of the Stability and Growth Pact?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1093, CESifo.
- Marie-Claude Bélis-Bergouignan & Elie Brugarolas, 2010.
"Building research and technology (R&T) transregional networks through an Interreg IIIB project,"
Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 135-155, November.
- Marie-Claude Bélis-Bergouignan & Elisée Brugarolas, 2010. "Building research and technology (R&T) transregional networks through an Interreg IIIB project," Post-Print hal-00546416, HAL.
- Lars Calmfors, 2001. "Wages and Wage-Bargaining Institutions in the EMU â€“ A Survey of the Issues," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 325-351, December.
- Vassilis Monastiriotis & Sotirios Zartaloudis, 2010.
"Beyond the crisis: EMU and labour market reform pressures in good and bad times,"
LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series
23, European Institute, LSE.
- Vassilis Monastiriotis & Sotirios Zartaloudis, 2010. "Beyond the crisis: EMU and labour market reform pressures in good and bad times," Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs) 3, London School of Economics / European Institute.
- Monastiriotis, Vassilis & Zartaloudis, Sotirios, 2010. "Beyond the crisis: EMU and labour market reform pressures in good and bad times," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 53300, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Matilde Luna & José Luis Velasco, 2010. "Knowledge Networks: Integration Mechanisms and Performance Assessment," Chapters, in: Riccardo Viale & Henry Etzkowitz (ed.), The Capitalization of Knowledge, chapter 12, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ioannou, Demosthenes & Ferdinandusse, Marien & Lo Duca, Marco & Coussens, Wouter, 2008. "Benchmarking the Lisbon Strategy," Occasional Paper Series 85, European Central Bank.
- André Sobczak, 2012. "Ensuring the effective implementation of transnational company agreements," Post-Print hal-00956968, HAL.
- Tanja A. Börzel, 2016. "From EU Governance of Crisis to Crisis of EU Governance: Regulatory Failure, Redistributive Conflict and Eurosceptic Publics," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54, pages 8-31, September.
- Zeitlin, Jonathan, 2005. "Social Europe and Experimentalist Governance: Towards a New Constitutional Compromise?," European Governance Papers (EUROGOV) 4, CONNEX and EUROGOV networks.
- Kaiser, Robert & Prange, Heiko, 2004. "The reconfiguration of National Innovation Systems--the example of German biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 395-408, April.
- Pülzl, Helga & Lazdinis, Marius, 2011. "May the Open Method of Coordination be a new instrument for forest policy deliberations in the European Union?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 411-418, July.
- W Brown & P Marginson & J Welsh, 2001. "The Management of Pay as the Influence of Collective Bargaining Diminishes," Working Papers wp213, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Kaiser, Robert & Prange, Heiko, 2002. "A new concept of deepening European integration? The European Research Area and the emerging role of policy coordination in a multi-level governance system," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 6, October.
- Sharon Baute & Bart Meuleman & Koen Abts & Marc Swyngedouw, 2018. "Measuring Attitudes Towards Social Europe: A Multidimensional Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 353-378, May.
- Keller, Berndt & Sörries, Bernd, 1999. "Der sektorale soziale Dialog und Europäische Sozialpolitik : erste Empirie und Entwicklungsperspektiven (Sectoral social dialogue and European social policy : first empirical analysis and prospects fo," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 32(1), pages 118-127.
- Schulten, Thorsten, 2001. "Solidarische Lohnpolitik in Europa: Ansätze und Perspektiven einer Europäisierung gewerkschaftlicher Lohnpolitik," WSI Working Papers 92, The Institute of Economic and Social Research (WSI), Hans Böckler Foundation.
More about this item
Keywordscivil society; governance; interest representation; legitimacy; open coordination; comitology; expert committees;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erp:eurogo:p0010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.connex-network.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Jessica Spiegel The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Jessica Spiegel to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.connex-network.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.