Improving the Market for Flexibility in the Electricity Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Genoese, Fabio & Drabik, Eleanor & Egenhofer, Christian, 2016. "The EU power sector needs long-term price signals," CEPS Papers 11539, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Karsten Neuhoff & Carlos Batlle & Gert Brunekreeft & Christos Vasilakos Konstantinidis & Christian Nabe & Giorgia Oggioni & Pablo Rodilla & Sebastian Schwenen & Tomasz Siewierski & Goran Strbac, 2015. "Flexible Short-Term Power Trading: Gathering Experience in EU Countries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1494, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- van der Veen, Reinier A.C. & Hakvoort, Rudi A., 2016. "The electricity balancing market: Exploring the design challenge," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(PB), pages 186-194.
- Frieder Borggrefe & Karsten Neuhoff, 2011. "Balancing and Intraday Market Design: Options for Wind Integration," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1162, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Chaves-Ávila, J.P. & Hakvoort, R.A. & Ramos, A., 2014. "The impact of European balancing rules on wind power economics and on short-term bidding strategies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 383-393.
- Karsten Neuhoff & Benjamin F. Hobbs & David Newbery, 2011. "Congestion Management in European Power Networks: Criteria to Assess the Available Options," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1161, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Luo, Xing & Wang, Jihong & Dooner, Mark & Clarke, Jonathan, 2015. "Overview of current development in electrical energy storage technologies and the application potential in power system operation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 511-536.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jin, Xiaolong & Wu, Qiuwei & Jia, Hongjie, 2020. "Local flexibility markets: Literature review on concepts, models and clearing methods," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 261(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Holmberg, Pär & Tangerås, Thomas & Ahlqvist, Victor, 2018.
"Central- versus Self-Dispatch in Electricity Markets,"
Working Paper Series
1257, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 27 Mar 2019.
- Ahlqvist, V. & Holmberg, P & Tangeras, T., 2019. "Central- versus Self-Dispatch in Electricity Markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1902, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Victor Ahlqvist & Pär Holmberg & Thomas Tangerås, 2019. "Central- versus Self-Dispatch in Electricity Markets," Working Papers EPRG 1902, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Joos, Michael & Staffell, Iain, 2018. "Short-term integration costs of variable renewable energy: Wind curtailment and balancing in Britain and Germany," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 45-65.
- Okur, Özge & Heijnen, Petra & Lukszo, Zofia, 2021. "Aggregator’s business models in residential and service sectors: A review of operational and financial aspects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 139(C).
- Okur, Özge & Voulis, Nina & Heijnen, Petra & Lukszo, Zofia, 2019. "Aggregator-mediated demand response: Minimizing imbalances caused by uncertainty of solar generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 247(C), pages 426-437.
- Hu, Jing & Harmsen, Robert & Crijns-Graus, Wina & Worrell, Ernst & van den Broek, Machteld, 2018. "Identifying barriers to large-scale integration of variable renewable electricity into the electricity market: A literature review of market design," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 2181-2195.
- Christopher Koch & Philipp Maskos, 2020. "Passive Balancing Through Intraday Trading: Whether Interactions Between Short-term Trading and Balancing Stabilize Germany’s Electricity System," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 10(2), pages 101-112.
- Burger, Scott & Chaves-Ávila, Jose Pablo & Batlle, Carlos & Pérez-Arriaga, Ignacio J., 2017. "A review of the value of aggregators in electricity systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 395-405.
- Lynch, Muireann Á. & Longoria, Genora & Curtis, John, 2021. "Future market design options for electricity markets with high RES-E: lessons from the Irish Single Electricity Market," Papers WP702, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Verzijlbergh, R.A. & De Vries, L.J. & Dijkema, G.P.J. & Herder, P.M., 2017. "Institutional challenges caused by the integration of renewable energy sources in the European electricity sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 660-667.
- Yasemin Merzifonluoglu & Eray Uzgoren, 2018. "Photovoltaic power plant design considering multiple uncertainties and risk," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 262(1), pages 153-184, March.
- Chen, Long Xiang & Xie, Mei Na & Zhao, Pan Pan & Wang, Feng Xiang & Hu, Peng & Wang, Dong Xiang, 2018. "A novel isobaric adiabatic compressed air energy storage (IA-CAES) system on the base of volatile fluid," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 198-210.
- Miguel J. Prieto & Juan Á. Martínez & Rogelio Peón & Lourdes Á. Barcia & Fernando Nuño, 2017. "On the Convenience of Using Simulation Models to Optimize the Control Strategy of Molten-Salt Heat Storage Systems in Solar Thermal Power Plants," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-17, July.
- Wang, Longyi & Wu, Mei & Sun, Xiao & Gan, Zhihua, 2016. "A cascade pulse tube cooler capable of energy recovery," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 572-578.
- Majumder, Suman & De, Krishnarti & Kumar, Praveen & Sengupta, Bodhisattva & Biswas, Pabitra Kumar, 2021. "Techno-commercial analysis of sustainable E-bus-based public transit systems: An Indian case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 144(C).
- Andoni, Merlinda & Robu, Valentin & Flynn, David & Abram, Simone & Geach, Dale & Jenkins, David & McCallum, Peter & Peacock, Andrew, 2019. "Blockchain technology in the energy sector: A systematic review of challenges and opportunities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 143-174.
- Guelpa, Elisa & Bischi, Aldo & Verda, Vittorio & Chertkov, Michael & Lund, Henrik, 2019. "Towards future infrastructures for sustainable multi-energy systems: A review," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 2-21.
- Javed, Muhammad Shahzad & Ma, Tao & Jurasz, Jakub & Canales, Fausto A. & Lin, Shaoquan & Ahmed, Salman & Zhang, Yijie, 2021. "Economic analysis and optimization of a renewable energy based power supply system with different energy storages for a remote island," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 1376-1394.
- Chen, Yang & Odukomaiya, Adewale & Kassaee, Saiid & O’Connor, Patrick & Momen, Ayyoub M. & Liu, Xiaobing & Smith, Brennan T., 2019. "Preliminary analysis of market potential for a hydropneumatic ground-level integrated diverse energy storage system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 1237-1247.
- Viktorija Bobinaite & Artjoms Obushevs & Irina Oleinikova & Andrei Morch, 2018. "Economically Efficient Design of Market for System Services under the Web-of-Cells Architecture," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-29, March.
- Georgiou, Giorgos S. & Christodoulides, Paul & Kalogirou, Soteris A., 2019. "Real-time energy convex optimization, via electrical storage, in buildings – A review," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 1355-1365.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2018-04-02 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2018-04-02 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-REG-2018-04-02 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eps:cepswp:13093. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepssbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Margarita Minkova (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepssbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.