Probability logic for type spaces
Using a formal propositional language with operators "individual i assigns probability at least a" for countable many a, we devise an axiom system which is sound and complete with respect to the class of type spaces in the sense of Harsanyi (1967-68). A crucial axiom requires that degrees of belief be compatible for any two sets of assertions which are equivalent in a suitably defined natural sense. The completeness proof relies on a theorem of the alternative from convex analysis, and uses the method of filtration by finite sub-languages.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 33 1 34 25 60 63
Fax: 33 1 34 25 62 33
Web page: http://thema.u-cergy.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Aumann, 1999. "Interactive epistemology II: Probability," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 301-314.
- Samet, Dov, 2000.
"Quantified Beliefs and Believed Quantities,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 169-185, December.
- MONGIN , Philippe, 1993. "A Non-Minimal but Very Weak Axiomatization of Common Belief," CORE Discussion Papers 1993046, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dov Samet, 1997. "On the Triviality of High-Order Probabilistic Beliefs," Game Theory and Information 9705001, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ema:worpap:98-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marion Oury)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Marion Oury to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.