An infinitary probability logic for type spaces
Type spaces in the sense of Harsanyi (1967/68) can be considered as the probabilistic analog of Kripke structures. By an infinitary propositional language with additional operators "individual i assigns probability at least to" and infinitary inference rules, we axiomatize the class of (Harsanyi) type spaces. We show that our axiom system is strongly sound and strongly complete. To the best of our knowledge, this is the very first strong completeness theorem for a probability logic of the present kind. The result is proved by constructing a canonical type space.
|Date of creation:||00 Dec 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Aumann, 1999. "Interactive epistemology I: Knowledge," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 263-300.
- Heifetz, Aviad & Mongin, Philippe, 2001.
"Probability Logic for Type Spaces,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 31-53, April.
- Heifetz, A. & Mongin, P., 1998. "Probability Logic for Type Spaces," Papers 9825, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- A. Heifetz & Ph. Mongin, 1998. "Probability logic for type spaces," THEMA Working Papers 98-25, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Heifetz, Aviad & Samet, Dov, 1998. "Knowledge Spaces with Arbitrarily High Rank," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 260-273, February.
- Brandenburger Adam & Dekel Eddie, 1993. "Hierarchies of Beliefs and Common Knowledge," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 189-198, February.
- Ronald Fagin & Joseph Y. Halpern & Yoram Moses & Moshe Y. Vardi, 2003. "Reasoning About Knowledge," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262562006, June.
- Robert J. Aumann, 1999. "Interactive epistemology II: Probability," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 301-314.
- Heifetz, Aviad & Samet, Dov, 1999. "Coherent beliefs are not always types," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 475-488, December.
- Heifetz, Aviad & Samet, Dov, 1998.
"Topology-Free Typology of Beliefs,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 324-341, October.
- Heifetz, Aviad, 1993. "The Bayesian Formulation of Incomplete Information--The Non-compact Case," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 329-338.
- MERTENS , Jean-François & SORIN , Sylvain & ZAMIR , Shmuel, 1994. "Repeated Games. Part A : Background Material," CORE Discussion Papers 1994020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2001061. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.