The economic case for the prevention of mental illness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Billie Lever Taylor & Kate Cavanagh & Clara Strauss, 2016. "The Effectiveness of Mindfulness-Based Interventions in the Perinatal Period: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(5), pages 1-29, May.
- Knapp, Martin & McDaid, David & Parsonage, Michael, 2011. "Mental health promotion and mental illness prevention: the economic case," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 32311, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Shanahan, D.F. & Lin, B.B. & Bush, R. & Gaston, K.J. & Dean, J.H. & Barber, E. & Fuller, R.A., 2015. "Toward improved public health outcomes from urban nature," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 105(3), pages 470-477.
- Don Husereau & Anthony Culyer & Peter Neumann & Philip Jacobs, 2015. "How do Economic Evaluations Inform Health Policy Decisions for Treatment and Prevention in Canada and the United States?," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 273-279, June.
- Brimblecombe, Nicola & Evans-Lacko, Sara & Knapp, Martin & King, Derek & Takizawa, Ryu & Maughan, Barbara & Arseneault, Louise, 2018. "Long term economic impact associated with childhood bullying victimisation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 208(C), pages 134-141.
- McDaid, David & Park, A-La, 2016. "Evidence on financing and budgeting mechanisms to support intersectoral actions between health, education, social welfare and labour sectors," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67725, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Wahlbeck, Kristian & McDaid, David, 2012. "Actions to alleviate the mental health impact of the economic crisis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 46543, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Park, A-La & McDaid, David & Weiser, Prisca & von Gottberg, Carolin & Becker, Thomas & Kilian, Reinhold, 2013. "Examining the cost effectiveness of interventions to promote the physical health of people with mental health problems: a systematic review," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 52157, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Drummond, Michael F. & Sculpher, Mark J. & Claxton, Karl & Stoddart, Greg L. & Torrance, George W., 2015. "Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programmes," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 4, number 9780199665884.
- Math Janssen & Yvonne Heerkens & Wietske Kuijer & Beatrice van der Heijden & Josephine Engels, 2018. "Effects of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction on employees’ mental health: A systematic review," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(1), pages 1-37, January.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Chris Gibbons’s journal round-up for 1st July 2019
by Christopher Gibbons in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2019-07-01 11:00:08
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Buckley, Ralf & Westaway, Diane, 2020. "Mental health rescue effects of women's outdoor tourism: A role in COVID-19 recovery," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(C).
- Ziggi Ivan Santini & Hannah Becher & Maja Bæksgaard Jørgensen & Michael Davidsen & Line Nielsen & Carsten Hinrichsen & Katrine Rich Madsen & Charlotte Meilstrup & Ai Koyanagi & Sarah Stewart-Brown & D, 2021. "Economics of mental well-being: a prospective study estimating associated health care costs and sickness benefit transfers in Denmark," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 22(7), pages 1053-1065, September.
- Ralf C. Buckley, 2022. "Sensory and Emotional Components in Tourist Memories of Wildlife Encounters: Intense, Detailed, and Long-Lasting Recollections of Individual Incidents," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(8), pages 1-12, April.
- Ralf C. Buckley & Mary-Ann Cooper, 2022. "Tourism as a Tool in Nature-Based Mental Health: Progress and Prospects Post-Pandemic," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 19(20), pages 1-15, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Knapp, Martin & Wong, Gloria, 2020. "Economics and mental health: the current scenario," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 102717, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Evans-Lacko, Sara & Knapp, Martin & McCrone, Paul & Thornicroft, Graham & Mojtabai, Ramin, 2013. "The mental health consequences of the recession: economic hardship and employment of people with mental health problems in 27 European countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51632, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Masja Schmidt & Amber Werbrouck & Nick Verhaeghe & Koen Putman & Steven Simoens & Lieven Annemans, 2020. "Universal Mental Health Interventions for Children and Adolescents: A Systematic Review of Health Economic Evaluations," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 155-175, April.
- Chiranjeev Sanyal & Don Husereau, 2020. "Systematic Review of Economic Evaluations of Services Provided by Community Pharmacists," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 375-392, June.
- Andrew J. Mirelman & Miqdad Asaria & Bryony Dawkins & Susan Griffin & Richard Cookson & Peter Berman, 2020.
"Fairer Decisions, Better Health for All: Health Equity and Cost-Effectiveness Analysis,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Paul Revill & Marc Suhrcke & Rodrigo Moreno-Serra & Mark Sculpher (ed.), Global Health Economics Shaping Health Policy in Low- and Middle-Income Countries, chapter 4, pages 99-132,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Richard Cookson & Andrew Mirelman & Miqdad Asaria & Bryony Dawkins & Susan Griffin, 2016. "Fairer decisions, better health for all: Health equity and cost-effectiveness analysis," Working Papers 135cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Charlie M. Shackleton & Patrick T. Hurley & Annika C. Dahlberg & Marla R. Emery & Harini Nagendra, 2017. "Urban Foraging: A Ubiquitous Human Practice Overlooked by Urban Planners, Policy, and Research," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(10), pages 1-18, October.
- Christopher M Doran & Irina Kinchin, 2020. "Economic and epidemiological impact of youth suicide in countries with the highest human development index," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(5), pages 1-11, May.
- Math Janssen & Beatrice Van der Heijden & Josephine Engels & Hubert Korzilius & Pascale Peters & Yvonne Heerkens, 2020. "Effects of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Training on Healthcare Professionals’ Mental Health: Results from a Pilot Study Testing Its Predictive Validity in a Specialized Hospital Setting," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 17(24), pages 1-14, December.
- Lili Huang & Yunzhi Zhao & Chunfang Qiang & Bozhen Fan, 2018. "Is cognitive behavioral therapy a better choice for women with postnatal depression? A systematic review and meta-analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(10), pages 1-16, October.
- Qi Cao & Erik Buskens & Hans L. Hillege & Tiny Jaarsma & Maarten Postma & Douwe Postmus, 2019. "Stratified treatment recommendation or one-size-fits-all? A health economic insight based on graphical exploration," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 20(3), pages 475-482, April.
- Dongzhe Hong & Lei Si & Minghuan Jiang & Hui Shao & Wai-kit Ming & Yingnan Zhao & Yan Li & Lizheng Shi, 2019. "Cost Effectiveness of Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter-2 (SGLT2) Inhibitors, Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 (GLP-1) Receptor Agonists, and Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 (DPP-4) Inhibitors: A Systematic Review," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 37(6), pages 777-818, June.
- Simon Pol & Paula Rojas Garcia & Fernando Antoñanzas Villar & Maarten J. Postma & Antoinette D. I. Asselt, 2021. "Health-Economic Analyses of Diagnostics: Guidance on Design and Reporting," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 39(12), pages 1355-1363, December.
- Paul Revill & Simon Walker & Valentina Cambiano & Andrew Phillips & Mark J Sculpher, 2018. "Reflecting the real value of health care resources in modelling and cost-effectiveness studies—The example of viral load informed differentiated care," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Steve Harris & Jan Weinzettel & Gregor Levin, 2020. "Implications of Low Carbon City Sustainability Strategies for 2050," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(13), pages 1-23, July.
- Anna Nicolet & Antoinette D I van Asselt & Karin M Vermeulen & Paul F M Krabbe, 2020. "Value judgment of new medical treatments: Societal and patient perspectives to inform priority setting in The Netherlands," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(7), pages 1-18, July.
- McNamara, Simon & Tsuchiya, Aki & Holmes, John, 2021. "Does the UK-public's aversion to inequalities in health differ by group-labelling and health-gain type? A choice-experiment," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 269(C).
- Nikolai Mühlberger & Gaby Sroczynski & Artemisa Gogollari & Beate Jahn & Nora Pashayan & Ewout Steyerberg & Martin Widschwendter & Uwe Siebert, 2021. "Cost effectiveness of breast cancer screening and prevention: a systematic review with a focus on risk-adapted strategies," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 22(8), pages 1311-1344, November.
- Christoph Kronenberg, 2021. "New(spaper) evidence of a reduction in suicide mentions during the 19th century US gold rush," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(10), pages 2582-2594, September.
- Yasuhiro Hagiwara & Takeru Shiroiwa, 2022. "Estimating Value-Based Price and Quantifying Uncertainty around It in Health Technology Assessment: Frequentist and Bayesian Approaches," Medical Decision Making, , vol. 42(5), pages 672-683, July.
- Martino Belvederi Murri & Federica Folesani & Luigi Zerbinati & Maria Giulia Nanni & Heifa Ounalli & Rosangela Caruso & Luigi Grassi, 2020. "Physical Activity Promotes Health and Reduces Cardiovascular Mortality in Depressed Populations: A Literature Overview," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 17(15), pages 1-18, July.
More about this item
Keywordsprevention; economic evaluation; mental illness; economic modeling; intersectoral actions;
All these keywords.
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:100054. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: LSERO Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.