Human capital, creative class and regional economic performance: A dynamic panel analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zucker, Lynne G & Darby, Michael R & Brewer, Marilynn B, 1998. "Intellectual Human Capital and the Birth of U.S. Biotechnology Enterprises," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 290-306, March.
- Solomon Fabricant, 1959. "Basic Facts on Productivity Change," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fabr59-1, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eckhardt Bode & Lucia Perez Villar, 2017.
"Creativity, education or what? On the measurement of regional human capital,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96, pages 51-67, March.
- Bode, Eckhardt & Perez Villar, Lucia, 2014. "Creativity, education or what? On the measurement of regional human capital," Kiel Working Papers 1958, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Georgeta Lixandru (Bardasu), 2015. "The Evolution of the Performances at Regional Level," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 5(4), pages 135-139, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gersbach, Hans & Schneider, Maik & Schneller, Olivier, 2010. "Optimal Mix of Applied and Basic Research, Distance to Frontier, and Openness," CEPR Discussion Papers 7795, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby, 1996. "Costly Information in Firm Transformation, Exit, or Persistent Failure," NBER Working Papers 5577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Junfu Zhang, 2006.
"A Study of Academic Entrepreneurs Using Venture Capital Data,"
PPIC Working Papers
2006.01, Public Policy Institute of California.
- Zhang, Junfu, 2007. "A Study of Academic Entrepreneurs Using Venture Capital Data," IZA Discussion Papers 2992, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Saul Lach & Mark Schankerman, 2008.
"Incentives and invention in universities,"
RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(2), pages 403-433, June.
- Saul Lach & Mark Schankerman, 2003. "Incentives and Invention in Universities," NBER Working Papers 9727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saul Lach & Mark Schankerman, 2006. "Incentives and Invention in Universities," CEP Discussion Papers dp0729, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Lach, Saul & Schankerman, Mark, 2007. "Incentives and invention in universities," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3725, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Lach, Saul & Schankerman, Mark, 2004. "Incentives and invention in universities," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4711, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Saul Lach & Mark Schankerman, 2004. "Incentives and Invention in Universities," STICERD - Economics of Industry Papers 33, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Lach, Saul & Schankerman, Mark, 2003. "Incentives and Invention in Universities," CEPR Discussion Papers 3916, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lach, Saul & Schankerman, Mark, 2008. "Incentives and invention in universities," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25475, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jarle Moen, 2005.
"Is Mobility of Technical Personnel a Source of R&D Spillovers?,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 81-114, January.
- Jarle Møen, 2000. "Is Mobility of Technical Personnel a Source of R&D Spillovers?," NBER Working Papers 7834, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wipo, 2011. "World Intellectual Property Report 2011- The Changing Face of Innovation," WIPO Economics & Statistics Series, World Intellectual Property Organization - Economics and Statistics Division, number 2011:944, March.
- Rachel Levy & Pascale Roux & Sandrine Wolff, 2009. "An analysis of science–industry collaborative patterns in a large European University," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Białek-Jaworska Anna & Dobroszek Justyna, 2019. "R&D Expenditure and the Role of Scientists," Financial Sciences. Nauki o Finansach, Sciendo, vol. 24(2), pages 1-16, June.
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & John Flemming & Seppo Honkapohja & John Kay & Willi Leibfritz & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & Xavier Vives, 2003. "Should We Worry about the Brain Drain?," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo, vol. 0, pages 118-130, May.
- Cantner, Uwe & Graf, Holger, 2006.
"The network of innovators in Jena: An application of social network analysis,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 463-480, May.
- Uwe Cantner & Holger Graf, 2004. "The Network of Innovators in Jena: An Application of Social Network Analysis," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 04/2004, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Gabriela Citlalli López-Torres & Gonzalo Maldonado Guzmán & Sandra Yesenia Pinzón Castro & Ricardo García Ramírez, 2016. "Collaboration and innovation activities in SMEs," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 61(3), pages 568-581, Julio-Sep.
- Michael Roach & Wesley M. Cohen, 2012. "Lens or Prism? Patent Citations as a Measure of Knowledge Flows from Public Research," NBER Working Papers 18292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aaron Chatterji & Edward Glaeser & William Kerr, 2014.
"Clusters of Entrepreneurship and Innovation,"
Innovation Policy and the Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 129-166.
- Michael Fritsch & Stefan Krabel, 2012.
"Ready to leave the ivory tower?: Academic scientists’ appeal to work in the private sector,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 271-296, June.
- Michael Fritsch & Stefan Krabel, 2009. "Ready to Leave the Ivory Tower? - Academic Scientists' Appeal to Work in the Private Sector," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-063, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Blomkvist, Katarina & Kappen, Philip & Zander, Ivo, 2014. "Superstar inventors—Towards a people-centric perspective on the geography of technological renewal in the multinational corporation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 669-682.
- Broström, Anders & Lööf, Hans, 2006. "What do we know about Firms’ Research Collaboration with Universities? New Quantitative and Qualitative Evidence," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 74, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Gersbach, Hans & Sorger, Gerhard & Amon, Christian, 2018.
"Hierarchical growth: Basic and applied research,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 434-459.
- Hans Gersbach & Gerhard Sorger & Christian Amon, 2009. "Hirarchical Growth: Basic and Applied Research," Vienna Economics Papers 0912, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Hans Gersbach & Gerhard Sorger & Christian Amon, 2009. "Hierarchical Growth: Basic and Applied Research," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 09/118, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Amon, Christian & Gersbach, Hans & Sorger, Gerhard, 2010. "Hierarchical Growth: Basic and Applied Research," CEPR Discussion Papers 7950, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Enrico Moretti, 2004. "Workers' Education, Spillovers, and Productivity: Evidence from Plant-Level Production Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 656-690, June.
- Heidrun C. Hoppe & Emre Ozdenoren, 2002. "Intermediation in Innovation," CIG Working Papers FS IV 02-11, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Rene Belderbos & Victor Gilsing & Shinya Suzuki, 2015.
"Direct and mediated ties to universities: ‘Scientific’ absorptive capacity and innovation performance of pharmaceutical firms,"
Working Papers of Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven
504836, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven.
- BELDERBOS, René & GILSING, Victor & SUZUKI, Shinya, 2015. "Direct And Mediated Ties To Universities: ‘Scientific’ Absorptive Capacity And Innovation Performance Of Pharmaceutical Firms," Discussion paper series 2015-06, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
KeywordsCreative class; human capital; economic performance and dynamic panel.;
All these keywords.
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2013-11-29 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GEO-2013-11-29 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HRM-2013-11-29 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-URE-2013-11-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eei:rpaper:eeri_rp_2013_11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eeriibe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Julia van Hove (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eeriibe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.