Liquidity-Induced Dynamics in Futures Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Boris, Keith & Manfredo, Mark, 2004. "Hedgers, funds, and small speculators in the energy futures markets: an analysis of the CFTC's Commitments of Traders reports," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 425-445, May.
- Tarun Chordia, 2001. "Market Liquidity and Trading Activity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 501-530, April.
- Gary B. Gorton & Fumio Hayashi & K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 2013.
"The Fundamentals of Commodity Futures Returns,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 17(1), pages 35-105.
- Gary Gorton & Fumio Hayashi & K. Rouwenhorst, 2007. "The Fundamentals of Commodity Futures Returns," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2605, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Oct 2008.
- Gary B. Gorton & Fumio Hayashi & K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 2007. "The Fundamentals of Commodity Futures Returns," NBER Working Papers 13249, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hasabrouck, Joel & Sofianos, George, 1993. " The Trades of Market Makers: An Empirical Analysis of NYSE Specialists," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1565-1593, December.
- LeBaron, Blake, 1992.
"Some Relations between Volatility and Serial Correlations in Stock Market Returns,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 199-219, April.
- Lebaron, B., 1990. "Some Relations Between Volatility And Serial Correlations In Stock Market Returns," Working papers 9002, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Changyun Wang, 2003. "Investor sentiment, market timing, and futures returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(12), pages 891-898.
- Joelle Miffre, 2002. "The predictability of futures returns: rational variation in required returns or market inefficiency?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(10), pages 715-724.
- Tarun Chordia & Asani Sarkar & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2003. "An empirical analysis of stock and bond market liquidity," Staff Reports 164, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cifarelli, Giulio & Paladino, Giovanna, 2011. "Hedging vs. speculative pressures on commodity futures returns," MPRA Paper 28229, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cifarelli, Giulio & Paladino, Giovanna, 2015. "A dynamic model of hedging and speculation in the commodity futures markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 1-15.
More about this item
KeywordsLiquidity; Futures Markets; Return Predictability; Volatility; Trader Positions; Directional Realized Volatility; Hedgers; Speculators; Position Bounds;
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2008-10-28 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MST-2008-10-28 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eei:rpaper:eeri_rp_2008_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia van Hove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eeriibe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.