Which Extreme Values are Really Extremes?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schluter, Christian & Trede, Mark, 2008. "Identifying multiple outliers in heavy-tailed distributions with an application to market crashes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 700-713, September.
- Koopman, Siem Jan & Shephard, Neil & Creal, Drew, 2009. "Testing the assumptions behind importance sampling," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 149(1), pages 2-11, April.
- Ana-Maria Gavril, 2009. "Exchange Rate Risk: Heads or Tails," Advances in Economic and Financial Research - DOFIN Working Paper Series 35, Bucharest University of Economics, Center for Advanced Research in Finance and Banking - CARFIB.
- Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier, 2014.
"Large shocks in the volatility of the Dow Jones Industrial Average index: 1928–2013,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 188-199.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné, 2014. "Large shocks in the volatility of the Dow Jones Industrial Average index: 1928–2013," Post-Print hal-01122507, HAL.
- Nikola Radivojevic & Milena Cvjetkovic & Saša Stepanov, 2016. "The new hybrid value at risk approach based on the extreme value theory," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 43(1 Year 20), pages 29-52, June.
- Francine Gresnigt & Erik Kole & Philip Hans Franses, 2017. "Exploiting Spillovers to Forecast Crashes," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(8), pages 936-955, December.
- Loriano Mancini & Fabio Trojani, 2011.
"Robust Value at Risk Prediction,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 9(2), pages 281-313, Spring.
- Loriano Mancini & Fabio Trojani, 2005. "Robust Value at Risk Prediction," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 07-31, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Oct 2007.
- Loriano Mancini & Fabio Trojani, 2007. "Robust Value at Risk Prediction," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2007 2007-36, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Olmo, J., 2009. "Extreme Value Theory Filtering Techniques for Outlier Detection," Working Papers 09/09, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Bertrand B. Maillet & Jean-Philippe R. M�decin, 2010. "Extreme Volatilities, Financial Crises and L-moment Estimations of Tail-indexes," Working Papers 2010_10, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Tae-Hwy Lee & Yong Bao & Burak Saltoglu, 2006. "Evaluating predictive performance of value-at-risk models in emerging markets: a reality check," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 101-128.
- Wendy Shinyie & Noriszura Ismail & Abdul Jemain, 2013. "Semi-parametric Estimation for Selecting Optimal Threshold of Extreme Rainfall Events," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 27(7), pages 2325-2352, May.
- Nieto, Maria Rosa & Ruiz, Esther, 2016. "Frontiers in VaR forecasting and backtesting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 475-501.
- Jalal, Amine & Rockinger, Michael, 2008.
"Predicting tail-related risk measures: The consequences of using GARCH filters for non-GARCH data,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 868-877, December.
- Amine JALAL & Michael ROCKINGER, 2004. "Predicting Tail-related Risk Measures: The Consequences of Using GARCH Filters for non-GARCH Data," FAME Research Paper Series rp115, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Bekiros, Stelios D. & Georgoutsos, Dimitris A., 2008. "The extreme-value dependence of Asia-Pacific equity markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 197-208, July.
More about this item
KeywordsBootstrap; Goodness of fit test; Hill estimator; Kolmogorov-Smirnov distance; Balkema and De-Haan; Pickands Theorem; Tail index.;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:nawm04:144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .