Benchmarking Information Integration in Supply Chain Management: A Multi-channel Approach
Information integration is a leading aim for many supply-chain managers. Although the benefits of successful information integration are desirable, the barriers are quite daunting. Our study benchmarks the current status of information integration in supply chain management using indepth case study methodology at five channel positions. The study reveals two main dimensions to information integration: connectivity and willingness. We discuss both of these dimensions' implications for managers and academics and provide prescriptive direction where research and development should be channeled to facilitate information integration success.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.business.uiuc.edu/Working_Papers/Main.asp|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lode Li, 2002.
"Information Sharing in a Supply Chain with Horizontal Competition,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm288, Yale School of Management.
- Lode Li, 2002. "Information Sharing in a Supply Chain with Horizontal Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(9), pages 1196-1212, September.
- Dejonckheere, J. & Disney, S. M. & Lambrecht, M. R. & Towill, D. R., 2004. "The impact of information enrichment on the Bullwhip effect in supply chains: A control engineering perspective," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(3), pages 727-750, March.
- Darren Hudson & Lee-Hong Seah & Diane Hite & Tim Haab, 2004. "Telephone presurveys, self-selection, and non-response bias to mail and Internet surveys in economic research," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 237-240.
- Hau L. Lee & V. Padmanabhan & Seungjin Whang, 1997. "Information Distortion in a Supply Chain: The Bullwhip Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(4), pages 546-558, April.
- Srinagesh Gavirneni, 2002. "Information Flows in Capacitated Supply Chains with Fixed Ordering Costs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(5), pages 644-651, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:illbus:05-0117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.