Detecting the Direction of a Signal on High-dimensional Spheres: Non-null and Le Cam Optimality Results
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christine Cutting & Davy Paindaveine & Thomas Verdebout, 2015. "Testing Uniformity on High-Dimensional Spheres against Contiguous Rotationally Symmetric Alternatives," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2015-04, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hornik, Kurt & Grün, Bettina, 2014. "movMF: An R Package for Fitting Mixtures of von Mises-Fisher Distributions," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 58(i10).
- Chikuse, Yasuko, 1991. "High dimensional limit theorems and matrix decompositions on the Stiefel manifold," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 145-162, February.
- Davy Paindaveine & Thomas Verdebout, 2013. "Optimal Rank-Based Tests for the Location Parameter of a Rotationally Symmetric Distribution on the Hypersphere," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2013-36, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ley, Christophe & Paindaveine, Davy & Verdebout, Thomas, 2015. "High-dimensional tests for spherical location and spiked covariance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 79-91.
- T. D. Downs, 2003. "Spherical regression," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(3), pages 655-668, September.
- P. V. Larsen, 2002. "Improved likelihood ratio tests on the von Mises--Fisher distribution," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(4), pages 947-951, December.
- R. Arnold & P. E. Jupp, 2013. "Statistics of orthogonal axial frames," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 100(3), pages 571-586.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/260378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.