The reference to "alternative" standards by French Large groups: an empirical study over the period 1985/1999
French groups have the possibility to refer to International or American standards for their consolidation. The objective of this research paper is to focus on the choice made by the French 100 largest companies during the last fifteen years (1985-1999). In practice, apart from the French rules, three "alternative" references are found: IAS standards, "international principles" and US GAAP. The percentage of companies referring to alternative standards increased, in the first part of the period, and then decreased. Additionally, the proportion of French companies referring to US standards declined at the beginning of the period but started to rise in 1995. These phenomena are partly in opposition to the evolution of international accounting harmonization.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||18 Apr 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: HEC Paris, 78351 Jouy-en-Josas cedex, France|
Web page: http://www.hec.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ball, Ray & Kothari, S. P. & Robin, Ashok, 2000. "The effect of international institutional factors on properties of accounting earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-51, February.
- Ashbaugh, Hollis, 2001. "Non-US Firms' Accounting Standard Choices," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 129-153.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:heccah:0762. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.