Financial Services Integration in East Asia : Lessons from the European Union
This paper distills some policy lessons from the financial services integration programme in the European Union for East Asia. Focusing on the improved cross-border facilitation of financial flows rather than on general macroeconomic factors related to optimal currency area formation, the paper discusses some specific features of the EUs financial sector liberalization programme and the results achieved so far. Considering the institutional difference between EU and East Asia, it discusses what possible features of the EU experience will be replicable in the region.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: JG Crawford Building #13, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, Australian National University, ACT 0200|
Web page: http://www.eaber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lane, Philip & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria, "undated". "External Wealth of Nations," Instructional Stata datasets for econometrics extwealth, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Dorrucci, Ettore & Firpo, Stefano & Mongelli, Francesco Paolo & Fratzscher, Marcel, 2002. "European integration: what lessons for other regions? The case of Latin America," Working Paper Series 0185, European Central Bank.
- Ramkishen Rajan & Rahul Sen, 2002. "Liberalisation of Financial Services in Southeast Asia under the ASEAN Framework Agreement on Services (AFAS)," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2002-26, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Paula Bongini, 2003.
"The EU Experience in Financial Services Liberalization: A Model for GATS Negotiations?,"
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2003/2 edited by Morten Balling, April.
- Paula Bongini, 2003. "The EU Experience in Financial Services Liberalization: A Model for GATS Negotiations?," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Leslie E Teo & David Cowen & Hemant Shah & Ranil M Salgado & Alessandro Zanello, 2006. "Financial Integration in Asia; Recent Developments and Next Steps," IMF Working Papers 06/196, International Monetary Fund.
- Lieven Baele & Annalisa Ferrando & Peter Hördahl & Elizaveta Krylova & Cyril Monnet, 2004. "Measuring financial integration in the euro area," Occasional Paper Series 14, European Central Bank.
- Gual, Jordi, 2003. "Integration of EU banking markets, The," IESE Research Papers D/504, IESE Business School.
- Andrew Sheng, 2006. "Building National and Regional Financial Markets: The East Asian Experience," Papers Presented at Global Meetings of the Emerging Markets Forum 2006regfinmkt, Emerging Markets Forum. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)