Affirmative Action, Incentives and the Black-White Test Score Gap
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Haim Levy, 1992. "Stochastic Dominance and Expected Utility: Survey and Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(4), pages 555-593, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guilherme Strifezzi Leal & Ã lvaro Choi, 2021. "Racial quotas in higher education and pre-college academic performance: Evidence from Brazil," UB Economics Working Papers 2021/411, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat d'Economia i Empresa, UB School of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Caporin, Massimiliano & Costola, Michele & Jannin, Gregory & Maillet, Bertrand, 2018.
"“On the (Ab)use of Omega?”,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 11-33.
- Bertrand Maillet & Michele Costola & Massimiliano Caporin & Gregory Jannin, 2015. "On the (Ab)Use of Omega?," Working Papers 2015:02, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Massimiliano Caporin & Michele Costola & Gregory Mathieu Jannin & Bertrand Maillet, 2016. "On the (Ab)Use of Omega?," Working Papers hal-01697640, HAL.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Michele Costola & Gregory Jannin & Bertrand Maillet, 2018. "“On the (Ab)use of Omega?”," Post-Print hal-02312145, HAL.
- Colson, Gérard, 1993. "Prenons-nous assez de risque dans les théories du risque?," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 69(1), pages 111-141, mars.
- Wojtek Michalowski & Włodzimierz Ogryczak, 2001.
"Extending the MAD portfolio optimization model to incorporate downside risk aversion,"
Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 48(3), pages 185-200, April.
- W. Michalowski & W. Ogryczak, 1998. "Extending the MAD Portfolio Optimization Model to Incorporate Downside Risk Aversion," Working Papers ir98041, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz & Ruszczynski, Andrzej, 1999.
"From stochastic dominance to mean-risk models: Semideviations as risk measures,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 33-50, July.
- W. Ogryczak & A. Ruszczynski, 1997. "From Stochastic Dominance to Mean-Risk Models: Semideviations as Risk Measures," Working Papers ir97027, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Vannoorenberghe, G. & Janeba, E., 2016. "Trade and the political economy of redistribution," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 233-244.
- Grazyna Trzpiot, 2000. "Preference Relations In Ranking Multivalued Alternatives Using Stochastic Dominance: Case Of The Warsaw Stock Exchange," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 98, Society for Computational Economics.
- Markus Haas, 2007. "Do investors dislike kurtosis?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(2), pages 1-9.
- Post, G.T., 2003. "Asset prices and omitted moments; A stochastic dominance analysis of market efficiency," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2003-017-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Seyoung Park & Eun Ryung Lee & Sungchul Lee & Geonwoo Kim, 2019. "Dantzig Type Optimization Method with Applications to Portfolio Selection," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-32, June.
- Kuan Xu & Gordon Fisher, 2006. "Myopic loss aversion and margin of safety: the risk of value investing," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(6), pages 481-494.
- Topaloglou, Nikolas & Tsionas, Mike G., 2020. "Stochastic dominance tests," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- Phillips Peter J. & Pohl Gabriela, 2018. "The Deferral of Attacks: SP/A Theory as a Model of Terrorist Choice when Losses Are Inevitable," Open Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 71-85, February.
- Hardaker, J. Brian & Lien, Gudbrand D., 2003. "Stochastic Efficiency Analysis With Risk Aversion Bounds: A Simplified Approach," Working Papers 12954, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Larry Y. Tzeng & Rachel J. Huang & Pai-Ta Shih, 2013. "Revisiting Almost Second-Degree Stochastic Dominance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(5), pages 1250-1254, May.
- Moshe Levy & Haim Levy, 2013. "Prospect Theory: Much Ado About Nothing?," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Leonard C MacLean & William T Ziemba (ed.), HANDBOOK OF THE FUNDAMENTALS OF FINANCIAL DECISION MAKING Part I, chapter 7, pages 129-144, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Russell Davidson & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2013.
"Testing for Restricted Stochastic Dominance,"
Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 84-125, January.
- Russell Davidson & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2006. "Testing For Restricted Stochastic Dominance," Departmental Working Papers 2006-20, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Russell Davidson & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2009. "Testing for restricted stochastic dominance," Working Papers halshs-00443560, HAL.
- Russell Davidson & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2013. "Testing for Restricted Stochastic Dominance," Post-Print hal-01499628, HAL.
- Russell Davidson & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2006. "Testing for Restricted Stochastic Dominance," Cahiers de recherche 0609, CIRPEE.
- Davidson, Russell & Duclos, Jean-Yves, 2006. "Testing for Restricted Stochastic Dominance," IZA Discussion Papers 2047, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Russell Davidson & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2006. "Testing for Restricted Stochastic Dominance," Working Papers 36, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Russell Davidson, 2006. "Testing for Restricted Stochastic Dominance," LIS Working papers 430, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Sonin Konstantin, 2004. "Private interest in public tenders: no revenue, no efficiency and no social benefits," EERC Working Paper Series 00-111e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Cristiano Arbex Valle & Diana Roman & Gautam Mitra, 2017. "Novel approaches for portfolio construction using second order stochastic dominance," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 257-280, April.
- Bouyssou, Denis & Marchant, Thierry, 2011.
"Bibliometric rankings of journals based on Impact Factors: An axiomatic approach,"
Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 75-86.
- Denis Bouyssou & Thierry Marchant, 2011. "Bibliometric rankings of journals based on Impact Factors: An axiomatic approach," Post-Print hal-02359815, HAL.
- Michael J. Seiler & David M. Harrison & Pim Van Vliet & Kit Ching Yeung, 2005. "Return Characteristics of State‐Owned and Non‐State‐Owned Chinese A Shares," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 533-548, November.
More about this item
KeywordsAffirmative Action; Discrimination; Public Policy; Education; Asymmetric Information;
All these keywords.
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAB-2005-01-02 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwm:wpaper:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/decwmus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Daifeng He The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Daifeng He to update the entry or send us the correct address or Alfredo Pereira (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/decwmus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.