Internal Capital Markets inside Financial Firms : Rent-Seeking Behavior Versus Cost of Capital
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan J. Auerbach, 1988. "Corporate Takeovers: Causes and Consequences," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number auer88-1, January.
- Lang, Larry H P & Stulz, Rene M, 1994.
"Tobin's q, Corporate Diversification, and Firm Performance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(6), pages 1248-1280, December.
- Larry H.P. Lang & Rene M. Stulz, 1993. "Tobin's Q, Corporate Diversification and Firm Performance," NBER Working Papers 4376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gorton, Gary & Pennacchi, George, 1990. " Financial Intermediaries and Liquidity Creation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 49-71, March.
- David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 2000.
"The Dark Side of Internal Capital Markets: Divisional Rent-Seeking and Inefficient Investment,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(6), pages 2537-2564, December.
- David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1997. "The Dark Side of Internal Capital Markets: Divisional Rent-Seeking and Inefficient Investment," NBER Working Papers 5969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsInternal capital markets; Capital Budgeting; financial institutions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ctl:louvir:2002001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginie LEBLANC). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iruclbe.html .