Optimal Policies For Discrete Time Risk Processes With A Markov Chain Investment Model
We consider a discrete risk process modelled by a Markov Decision Process. The surplus could be invested in stock market assets. We adopt a realistic point of view and we let the investment return process to be statistically dependent over time. We assume that follows a Markov Chain model. To minimize the risk there is a possibility to reinsure a part or the whole reserve. We consider proportional reinsurance. Recursive and integral equations for the ruin probability are given. Generalized Lundberg inequalities for the ruin probabilities are derived. Stochastic optimal control theory is used to determine the optimal stationary policy which minimizes the ruin probability. To illustrate these results numerical examples are included.
|Date of creation:||May 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_estadistica
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sundt, Bjorn & Teugels, Jozef L., 1995. "Ruin estimates under interest force," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 7-22, April.
- Browne, S., 1995. "Optimal Investment Policies for a Firm with a Random Risk Process: Exponential Utility and Minimizing the Probability of Ruin," Papers 95-08, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Groniowska, Agnieszka & Niemiro, Wojciech, 2005. "Controlled risk processes in discrete time: Lower and upper approximations to the optimal probability of ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 433-440, June.
- Gajek, Leslaw, 2005. "On the deficit distribution when ruin occurs--discrete time model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 13-24, February.
- Sundt, Bjorn & Teugels, Jozef L., 1997. "The adjustment function in ruin estimates under interest force," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 85-94, April.
- Hipp, Christian & Taksar, Michael, 2000. "Stochastic control for optimal new business," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 185-192, May.
- Cai, Jun & Dickson, David C.M., 2004. "Ruin probabilities with a Markov chain interest model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 513-525, December.
- Hipp, Christian & Plum, Michael, 2000. "Optimal investment for insurers," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 215-228, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wsrepe:ws062408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.