Optimal investment strategy to minimize the ruin probability of an insurance company under borrowing constraints
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Browne, S., 1995. "Optimal Investment Policies for a Firm with a Random Risk Process: Exponential Utility and Minimizing the Probability of Ruin," Papers 95-08, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Gaier, Johanna & Grandits, Peter, 2002. "Ruin probabilities in the presence of regularly varying tails and optimal investment," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 211-217, April.
- Anna Frolova & Serguei Pergamenshchikov & Yuri Kabanov, 2002. "In the insurance business risky investments are dangerous," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 227-235.
- Vila, Jean-Luc & Zariphopoulou, Thaleia, 1997. "Optimal Consumption and Portfolio Choice with Borrowing Constraints," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 402-431, December.
- Paulsen, Jostein, 1998. "Sharp conditions for certain ruin in a risk process with stochastic return on investments," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 135-148, June.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Young, Virginia R., 2007.
"Minimizing the probability of lifetime ruin under borrowing constraints,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 196-221, July.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2007. "Minimizing the Probability of Lifetime Ruin under Borrowing Constraints," Papers math/0703850, arXiv.org.
- Hipp, Christian & Plum, Michael, 2000. "Optimal investment for insurers," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 215-228, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Zhongfei & Zeng, Yan & Lai, Yongzeng, 2012. "Optimal time-consistent investment and reinsurance strategies for insurers under Heston’s SV model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 191-203.
- Raluca Vernic, 2016. "Optimal investment with a constraint on ruin for a fuzzy discrete-time insurance risk model," Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 195-217, June.
- Arash Fahim & Lingjiong Zhu, 2016. "Asymptotic Analysis for Optimal Dividends in a Dual Risk Model," Papers 1601.03435, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2016.
- Arash Fahim & Lingjiong Zhu, 2015. "Optimal Investment in a Dual Risk Model," Papers 1510.04924, arXiv.org.
- Tatiana Belkina & Christian Hipp & Shangzhen Luo & Michael Taksar, 2011. "Optimal Constrained Investment in the Cramer-Lundberg model," Papers 1112.4007, arXiv.org.
- Pablo Azcue & Nora Muler, 2013. "Minimizing the ruin probability allowing investments in two assets: a two-dimensional problem," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 77(2), pages 177-206, April.
- repec:spr:compst:v:77:y:2013:i:2:p:177-206 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:insuma:v:74:y:2017:i:c:p:7-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yi, Bo & Li, Zhongfei & Viens, Frederi G. & Zeng, Yan, 2013. "Robust optimal control for an insurer with reinsurance and investment under Heston’s stochastic volatility model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 601-614.
More about this item
KeywordsCramer-Lundberg process Ruin probability Insurance Portfolio optimization Borrowing constraints Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman equation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:44:y:2009:i:1:p:26-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .