Réflexions en thème de district, clusters, réseaux : le problème de la gouvernance
While the Italian industrial districts are facing the strong challenge of a growing competition coming from China and other developing countries, the economic and social literature is showing a renovated interest towards local agglomerations of firms. The paper focuses on the large and not yet stable theoretical framework concerning the concentrations of firms at a local level. Networks and clusters are the more used words to define these different forms highlighting internally different sub-categories. More important are however the relations within the local actors (firms, collective and public bodies, universities, ...) and able to generate different forms of governance.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ceris.cnr.it/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asheim, Bjorn T. & Coenen, Lars, 2005. "Knowledge bases and regional innovation systems: Comparing Nordic clusters," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1173-1190, October.
- Fromhold-Eisebith, Martina & Eisebith, Gunter, 2005. "How to institutionalize innovative clusters? Comparing explicit top-down and implicit bottom-up approaches," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1250-1268, October.
- Storper, Michael & Harrison, Bennett, 1991. "Flexibility, hierarchy and regional development: The changing structure of industrial production systems and their forms of governance in the 1990s," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 407-422, October.
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
- Carminucci Carlo & Casucci Silvio, 1997. "Il ciclo di vita dei distretti industriali: ipotesi teoriche ed evidenze empiriche," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 283-316.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csc:cerisp:200609. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Enrico Viarisio)or (Anna Perin) or (Giancarlo Birello)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.