Public Safety and the Moral Dilemma in the Defense Against Terror
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Raphaël Franck & Arye Hillman & Miriam Krausz, 2005. "Public Safety And The Moral Dilemma In The Defense Against Terror," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(5), pages 347-364.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arye L. Hillman, 2004. "Nietzschean Development Failures," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 119(3_4), pages 263-280, June.
- B. Peter Rosendorff & Todd Sandler, 2004. "Too Much of a Good Thing?," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 48(5), pages 657-671, October.
- Ben-Yashar, Ruth & Nitzan, Shmuel, 2001. "Investment Criteria in Single and Multi-member Economic Organizations," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 109(1-2), pages 1-13, October.
- Bernholz, Peter, 2004. "Supreme values as the basis for terror," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 317-333, June.
- James Yetman, 2004. "Suicidal Terrorism And Discriminatory Screening: An Efficiency-Equity Trade-Off," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 221-230.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan Schnellenbach, 2006.
"Appeasing nihilists? Some economic thoughts on reducing terrorist activity,"
Springer, vol. 129(3), pages 301-313, December.
- Jan Schnellenbach, 2005. "Appeasing Nihilists? Some Economic Thoughts on Reducing Terrorist Activity," Law and Economics 0507001, EconWPA.
- Arye Hillman & Niklas Potrafke, 2015.
"The UN Goldstone Report and retraction: an empirical investigation,"
Springer, vol. 163(3), pages 247-266, June.
- Arye L. Hillman & Niklas Potrafke, 2014. "The UN Goldstone Report and Retraction: An Empirical Investigation," Working Papers 2014-09, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Arye L. Hillman & Niklas Potrafke, 2015. "The UN Goldstone Report and Retraction: An Empirical Investigation," CESifo Working Paper Series 5234, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arye Hillman, 2007. "Economic and security consequences of supreme values," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 259-280, June.
- Hillman, Arye L., 2010. "Expressive behavior in economics and politics," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 403-418, December.
- Arye Hillman, 2011. "Expressive voting and identity: evidence from a case study of a group of U.S. voters," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 148(1), pages 249-257, July.
- Bozzoli, Carlos & Müller, Cathérine, 2011. "Perceptions and attitudes following a terrorist shock: Evidence from the UK," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(S1), pages 89-106.
- Kollias, Christos & Messis, Petros & Mylonidis, Nikolaos & Paleologou, Suzanna-Maria, 2009. "Terrorism and the effectiveness of security spending in Greece: Policy implications of some empirical findings," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 788-802, September.
More about this item
Keywordscounter-terrorism; Defense economics; defensive preemption; international judges; profiling; terror;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:4736. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.