The Spatial Distribution of Economic Activities in the EU
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kjell Erik Lommerud & Odd Rune Straume & Lars Sørgard, 2006.
"National versus international mergers in unionized oligopoly,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 37(1), pages 212-233, March.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Straume, Odd Rune & Sørgard, Lars, 2003. "National versus international mergers in unionised oligopoly," Working Papers in Economics 12/03, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Sørgard, Lars & Straume, Odd Rune, 2003. "National versus International Mergers in Unionised Oligopoly," CEPR Discussion Papers 4040, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- A. Sinan Cebenoyan & George J. Papaioannou & Nickolaos G. Travlos, 1992. "Foreign Takeover Activity in the U.S. and Wealth Effects for Target Firm Shareholders," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 21(3), Fall.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2002. "Investment Liberalization - Who Benefits from Cross Border Mergers," CEPR Discussion Papers 3166, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Straume, Odd Rune, 2003. "International mergers and trade liberalisation: implications for unionised labour," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 717-735, May.
- Valerie A. Ramey & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2001. "Displaced Capital: A Study of Aerospace Plant Closings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(5), pages 958-992, October.
- Norback, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2004.
"Privatization and foreign competition,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 409-416, March.
- Persson, Lars & Norbäck, Pehr-Johan, 2001. "Privatization and Foreign Competition," Working Paper Series 545, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 02 Feb 2001.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2001. "Privatization and Foreign Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 2735, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Blonigen, Bruce A, 1997. "Firm-Specific Assets and the Link between Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 447-465, June.
- Kamal Saggi & Halis Murat Yildiz, 2006. "On the International Linkages between Trade and Merger Policies," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 212-225, May.
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Horn, Henrik & Persson, Lars, 2001.
"The equilibrium ownership of an international oligopoly,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 307-333, April.
- Horn, Henrik & Persson, Lars, 1999. "The Equilibrium Ownership of an International Oligopoly," CEPR Discussion Papers 2302, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Horn, Henrik & Persson, Lars, 1999. "The Equilibrium Ownership of an International Oligopoly," Working Paper Series 515, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- repec:hhs:iuiwop:511 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fridolfsson, Sven-Olof & Stennek, Johan, 2000. "Why Event Studies Do Not Detect Anti-Competitive Mergers," Working Paper Series 542, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Morton I. Kamien & Israel Zang, 1990. "The Limits of Monopolization Through Acquisition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 465-499.
- Halis Murat Yildiz, 2003. "National Versus International Mergers and Trade Liberalization," Working Papers 2003.56, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2002. "Cross-Border Acquisitions and Greenfield Entry," Working Paper Series 570, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Keith Head & John Ries, 1997. "International Mergers and Welfare under Decentralized Competition Policy," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1104-1123, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barrios, Salvador & Mas, Matilde & Navajas, Elena & Quesada, Javier, 2008. "Mapping the ICT in EU Regions: Location, Employment, Factors of Attractiveness and Economic Impact," MPRA Paper 6998, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Volpe Martincus, Christian & Siedschlag, Iulia, 2010.
"The Impact of South-South Preferential Trade Agreements on Industrial Development: An Empirical Test,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 25, pages 69-104.
- Pablo Sanguinetti & Iulia Siedschlag & Christian Volpe Martincus, 2009. "The Impact of South-South Preferential Trade Agreements on Industrial Development: An Empirical Test," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2523, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Karen-Helene Midelfart & Henry G. Overman & Anthony J. Venables, 2003.
"Monetary Union and the Economic Geography of Europe,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 847-868, December.
- Midelfart-Knarvik, Karen Helene & Overman, Henry G. & Venables, Anthony, 2003. "Monetary union and the economic geography of Europe," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 582, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Daniel Aurelio Tirado Fabregat & Jordi Pons Novell & Elisenda Paluzie Hernandez, 2003.
"Industrial agglomerations and wage gradients: the Spanish economy in the interwar period,"
Working Papers in Economics
103, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Daniel A. Tirado & Jordi Pons & Elisenda Paluzie, 2003. "Industrial agglomerations and wage gradients: the Spanish economy in the interwar period (?)," ERSA conference papers ersa03p113, European Regional Science Association.
- Joeri Gorter & Albert van der Horst & S. Brakman & H.F.L. Garretsen & M. Schram, 2005.
"New economic geography, empirics, and regional policy,"
CPB Special Publication
56, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Joeri Gorter & Albert Van der Horst, 2005. "New Economic Geography, Empirics, and Regional Policy," ERSA conference papers ersa05p236, European Regional Science Association.
- BEHRENS, Kristian, 2004. "Market size and urban hierarchy," CORE Discussion Papers 2004029, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Álvarez López , M.ª Elisa & Myro Sánchez, Rafael & Vega Crespo, Josefa, 2012. "Delocation in the manufacturing sectors in the EU. A regional overview," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 22, pages 5-34.
- Antje Hildebrandt & Julia Wörz, 2004. "Determinants of Industrial Location Patterns in CEECs," wiiw Working Papers 32, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- José Miguel Albert & Jorge Mateu & Vicente Orts, 2007. "Distribución Espacial De La Actividad Económica En La Union Europea," Working Papers. Serie EC 2007-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Roberto Ezcurra & Carlos Gil & Pedro Pascual & Manuel RapÃºn, 2004. "Regional Productive Specialisation and Inequality in the European Union," ERSA conference papers ersa04p372, European Regional Science Association.
- Brakman, Steven & Garretsen, Harry & Schramm, Marc, 2006.
"Putting new economic geography to the test: Free-ness of trade and agglomeration in the EU regions,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 613-635, September.
- Steven Brakman & Harry Garretsen & Marc Schramm, 2005. "Putting New Economic Geography to the Test: Free-ness of Trade and Agglomeration in the EU Regions," CESifo Working Paper Series 1566, CESifo Group Munich.
- Enrico Marelli, 2007. "Specialisation and Convergence in European Regions," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 4(2), pages 149-178, September.
- Daniel Heuermann & Benedikt Halfdanarson & Jens Suedekum, 2010.
"Human Capital Externalities and the Urban Wage Premium: Two Literatures and their Interrelations,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(4), pages 749-767, April.
- Halfdanarson, Benedikt & Heuermann, Daniel F. & Suedekum, Jens, 2008. "Human Capital Externalities and the Urban Wage Premium: Two Literatures and their Interrelations," IZA Discussion Papers 3493, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsdescriptive statistics; empirical studies; european union; location;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:3999. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.