Two-person bargaining with verifiable information
We study Myerson's incomplete information bargaining solution under the assumption of verifiable types. For the case of an informed principal, in which one individual has all the bargaining power, we provide exact characterizations both from the non cooperative and from the cooperative perspective. We then show that the axiomatic characterization can be extended to the case in which both individuals have some bargaining power. Myerson's approach also suggests a new definition of the core that refines Wilson's coarse core. We argue that this refinement captures an important aspect of negotiation at the interim stage.
|Date of creation:||00 Nov 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/coreEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Myerson, Roger B., 1989.
"Credible negotiation statements and coherent plans,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 264-303, June.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1986. "Credible Negotiation Statements and Coherent Plans," Discussion Papers 691, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Radner, Roy, 1979. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 655-78, May.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1983.
"Mechanism Design by an Informed Principal,"
Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1767-97, November.
- Wilson, Robert B, 1978. "Information, Efficiency, and the Core of an Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 807-16, July.
- Nash, John, 1953. "Two-Person Cooperative Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 21(1), pages 128-140, April.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- John C. Harsanyi & Reinhard Selten, 1972. "A Generalized Nash Solution for Two-Person Bargaining Games with Incomplete Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(5-Part-2), pages 80-106, January.
- Roy Radner, 1997. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1594, David K. Levine.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1982.
"Two-Person Bargaining Problems with Incomplete Infonnation,"
527, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1984. "Two-Person Bargaining Problems with Incomplete Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 461-87, March.
- Aumann, Robert J, 1985. "An Axiomatization of the Non-transferable Utility Value," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(3), pages 599-612, May.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Perry, Motty, 1986. "Perfect sequential equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 97-119, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2002063. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.