Values for cooperative games with incomplete information: an eloquent example
Myerson's (1984) extension of the lambda-transfer value to cooperative games with incomplete information focus among other things on the strength of the incentive constraints at the solution for determining the power of coalitions. We construct an intuitive three-player game where the player whose only contribution is to partly release the two other players from the incentive constraints they face when they cooperate, receives a zero payoff, according to Myerson's solution. On the contrary, the random order arrival procedure attributes a strictly positive payoff to him. Our example is thus an analog of the banker game of Owen (1972) that was designed for evaluating the lambda-transfer value under complete information. Asymmetric information now takes up the role that was formerly attributed to the lack of transferability of utilities.
|Date of creation:||00 Mar 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roger B. Myerson, 1977.
"Incentive Compatability and the Bargaining Problem,"
284, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1979. "Incentive Compatibility and the Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Krasa, Stefan & Yannelis, Nicholas C, 1994. "The Value Allocation of an Economy with Differential Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 881-900, July.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1996.
"Bargaining and Value,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 357-80, March.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1982.
"Two-Person Bargaining Problems with Incomplete Infonnation,"
527, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1984. "Two-Person Bargaining Problems with Incomplete Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 461-87, March.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1983.
"Mechanism Design by an Informed Principal,"
Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1767-97, November.
- Forges, Francoise & Minelli, Enrico & Vohra, Rajiv, 2002.
"Incentives and the core of an exchange economy: a survey,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 1-41, September.
- FORGES, Françoise & MINELLI, Enrico & VOHRA, Rajiv, 2001. "Incentives and the core of an exchange economy: a survey," CORE Discussion Papers 2001043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Francoise Forges & Enrico Minelli & Rajiv Vohra, 2000. "Incentives and the Core of an Exchange Economy: A Survey," Working Papers 2000-22, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Maschler, M & Owen, G, 1989. "The Consistent Shapley Value for Hyperplane Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 18(4), pages 389-407.
- Aumann, Robert J, 1985. "An Axiomatization of the Non-transferable Utility Value," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(3), pages 599-612, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2002014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.