The Identification Of Preferences From Market Data Under Uncertainty
We show that even under incomplete markets, the equilibrium manifold identifies aggregate demand and individual demands everywhere in their domains. Moreover, under partial observation of the equilibrium manifold, we we construct maximal domains of identification. For this, we assume conditions of smoothness, interiority and regularity, but avoid implausible observational requirements. It is crucial that there be date-zero consumption. As a by-product, we develop some duality theory under incomplete markets.
|Date of creation:||16 Aug 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P.A. Chiappori & I. Ekeland & F. Kubler & H.M. Polemarchakis, 2002.
"Testable Implications of General Equilibrium Theory: a differentiable approach,"
2002-10, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Chiappori, P. -A. & Ekeland, I. & Kubler, F. & Polemarchakis, H. M., 2004. "Testable implications of general equilibrium theory: a differentiable approach," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 105-119, February.
- Carvajal, Andres & Ray, Indrajit & Snyder, Susan, 2004. "Equilibrium behavior in markets and games: testable restrictions and identification," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 1-40, February.
- Yves Balasko, 2004. "The equilibrium manifold keeps the memory of individual demand functions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 24(3), pages 493-501, October.
- CHIAPPORI, Pierre-André & EKELAND, Ivar & KUBLER, Félix & POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles, 2000.
"The identification of preferences from equilibrium prices under uncertainty,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2000025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kubler, F. & Chiappori, P. -A. & Ekeland, I. & Polemarchakis, H. M., 2002. "The Identification of Preferences from Equilibrium Prices under Uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 403-420, February.
- POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles M. & CHIAPPORI, P. A. & KUBLER, F. & EKELAND, I., 2000. "The identification of preferences from equilibrium prices under uncertainty," Les Cahiers de Recherche 689, HEC Paris.
- Felix Kübler & Pierre-Andre Chiappori & Ivar Ekeland & Heracles M. Polemarchakis, 2000. "The Identification of Preferences from Equilibrium Prices under Uncertainty," Working Papers hal-00598231, HAL.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2000.
"A Rational Rank Four Demand System,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
463, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 04 Apr 2003.
- Rosa Matzkin, 2005. "Identification of consumers’ preferences when their choices are unobservable," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(2), pages 423-443, 08.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13505 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carvajal Andrés & Riascos Alvaro, 2005. "Identification of Preferences from Market Data," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-17, April.
- Kubler, Felix, 2003. "Observable restrictions of general equilibrium models with financial markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 137-153, May.
- Duffie, Darrell & Shafer, Wayne, 1985. "Equilibrium in incomplete markets: I : A basic model of generic existence," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 285-300, June.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000089:003599. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Universidad De Los Andes-Cede)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.