Incomplete markets, allocative efficiency and the information revealed by prices
In this paper we compare rational expectations equilibria with different degrees of information revelation through prices. These equilibria arise in a two-period exchange economy with finitely many states and signals, multiple commodities and incomplete f
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890|
Web page: http://www.tepper.cmu.edu/
|Order Information:||Web: http://student-3k.tepper.cmu.edu/gsiadoc/GSIA_WP.asp|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Polemarchakis, H M & Siconolfi, P, 1993.
"Asset Markets and the Information Revealed by Prices,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 3(4), pages 645-61, October.
- POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles & SICONOLFI, Paolo, . "Asset markets and the information revealed by prices," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Polemarchakis, H. & Siconolfi, P., 1991. "Asset markets and the information revealed by prices," CORE Discussion Papers 1991034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hart, Oliver D., 1975. "On the optimality of equilibrium when the market structure is incomplete," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 418-443, December.
- Magill,Michael & Quinzii,Martine, 1989.
"Real effects of money in general equilibrium,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
232, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1971. "The Private and Social Value of Information and the Reward to Inventive Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 561-74, September.
- Radner, Roy, 1979. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 655-78, May.
- Atsushi Kajii & Antonio Villanacci & Alessandro Citanna, 1998.
"Constrained suboptimality in incomplete markets: a general approach and two applications,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 11(3), pages 495-521.
- Alessandro Citanna & Atsushi Kajii & Antonio Villanacci, 1998. "Constrained suboptimality in incomplete markets: a general approach and two applications," Post-Print hal-00479390, HAL.
- Roy Radner, 1997. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1594, David K. Levine.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Geanakoplos, John & Shubik, Martin, 1987. "The revelation of information in strategic market games : A critique of rational expectations equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 105-137, April.
- David Cass & Alessandro Citanna, 1998.
"Pareto Improving Financial Innovation in Incomplete Markets,"
- David Cass & Alessandro Citanna, 1998. "Pareto improving financial innovation in incomplete markets," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 11(3), pages 467-494.
- Jordan, J. S., 1982. "The generic existence of rational expectations equilibrium in the higher dimensional case," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 224-243, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cmu:gsiawp:10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Steve Spear)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.