Local government revenue mobilisation in Anglophone Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fjeldstad, Odd-Helge & Heggstad, Kari K., 2013. "Local Government Revenue Mobilisation in Anglophone Africa," Working Papers 11260, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
References listed on IDEAS
- Burgess, Robin & Stern, Nicholas, 1993. "Taxation and Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 762-830, June.
- Richard M. Bird & Roy Bahl, 2008.
"Subnational Taxes in Developing Countries: The Way Forward,"
Working Papers Series
16, Rotman Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, revised Aug 2008.
- Richard.M. Bird & Roy Bahl, 2009. "Subnational Taxes in Developing Countries: The Way Forward," Working Papers id:2072, eSocialSciences.
- Jameson Boex, 2003. "The incidence of local government allocations in Tanzania," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0311, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Fjeldstad, Odd-helge & Semboja, Joseph, 2001. "Why People Pay Taxes: The Case of the Development Levy in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2059-2074, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moore, Mick, 2014. "Revenue Reform and Statebuilding in Anglophone Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 99-112.
- repec:oup:oxford:v:33:y:2017:i:3:p:355-372. is not listed on IDEAS
- Takaaki Masaki, 2016. "The impact of intergovernmental transfers on local revenue generation in Africa Evidence from Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 113, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Nyange, David & Tschirley, David & Nassoro, Hussein & Gaspar, Abeid, 2014. "Agricultural Produce Cess In Tanzania: Policy Options For Fiscal Reforms," Miscellaneous Publications 198744, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Fjeldstad, Odd-Helge, 2013. "Taxation and Development : a Review of Donor Support to Strengthen Tax Systems in Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 010, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsLocal government; Decentralization; Taxes; Business licenses; User fees; Africa;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-01-19 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-URE-2013-01-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chm:wpaper:wp2012-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Sjursen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmiiino.html .