Taxation, coercion and donors. Local government tax enforcement in Tanzania
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bratton, Michael, 2012. "Citizen Perceptions of Local Government Responsiveness in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 516-527.
- Moore, Mick, 2014. "Revenue Reform and Statebuilding in Anglophone Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 99-112.
- Jean-Louis COMBES & Rasmané OUEDRAOGO, 2016.
"How Does Inclusive Growth Boost Tax Revenue Mobilization?,"
- Jean-Louis Combes & Rasmané Ouedraogo, 2016. "How Does Inclusive Growth Boost Tax Revenue Mobilization?," Working Papers halshs-01281914, HAL.
- Tripp, Aili Mari, 2012. "Donor Assistance and Political Reform in Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 037, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, 2004. "To pay or not to pay? Citizens' views on taxation in local authorities in Tanzania," CMI Working Papers WP 2004: 8, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Fjeldstad, Odd-helge & Semboja, Joseph, 2001. "Why People Pay Taxes: The Case of the Development Levy in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2059-2074, December.
- Ali, Merima & Fjeldstad, Odd-Helge & Sjursen, Ingrid Hoem, 2014. "To Pay or Not to Pay? Citizens’ Attitudes Toward Taxation in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 828-842.
- Takaaki Masaki, 2016. "The impact of intergovernmental transfers on local revenue generation in Africa Evidence from Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 113, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- AfDB AfDB, 2005. "Working Paper 82 - Public Sector Management in Africa," Working Paper Series 2296, African Development Bank.
- AfDB AfDB, 2005. "Working Paper 82 - Public Sector Management in Africa," Working Paper Series 2216, African Development Bank.
- Sanoh, Aly, 2015. "Rainfall Shocks, Local Revenues, and Intergovernmental Transfer in Mali," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 359-370.
- Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, 2003. "What has trust got to do with it? Non-payment of service charges in local authorities in South Africa," CMI Working Papers WP 2003:12, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Paul Smoke, 2013. "Why Theory and Practice are Different: The Gap Between Principles and Reality in Subnational Revenue Systems," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1313, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Joseph R.A Ayee, 2005. "Working Paper 82 - Public Sector Management in Africa," Working Paper Series 217, African Development Bank.
- Paul Smoke, 2014. "Why theory and practice are different: The gap between principles and reality in subnational revenue systems," Chapters,in: Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 9, pages 287-325 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Arjan de Haan & Ward Warmerdam, 2012. "The politics of aid revisited: a review of evidence on state capacity and elite commitment," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series esid-007-12, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Fjeldstad, Odd-Helge, 2013. "Taxation and Development : a Review of Donor Support to Strengthen Tax Systems in Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 010, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chm:wpaper:wp2000-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Sjursen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmiiino.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.