Risk-taking Incentives, Governance,and Losses in the Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:mulfin:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:61-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamid Mehran & Alan Morrison & Joel Shapiro, 2011. "Corporate governance and banks: what have we learned from the financial crisis?," Staff Reports 502, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Efing, Matthias & Hau, Harald & Kampkötter, Patrick & Steinbrecher, Johannes, 2015.
"Incentive pay and bank risk-taking: Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss banks,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(S1), pages 123-140.
- Matthias Efing & Harald Hau & Patrick Kampkötter & Johannes Steinbrecher, 2014. "Incentive Pay and Bank Risk-taking: Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss Banks," NBER Chapters,in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2014, pages 123-140 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthias Efing & Harald Hau & Patrick Kampkötter & Johannes Steinbrecher, 2014. "Incentive Pay and Bank Risk-Taking: Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss Banks," NBER Working Papers 20468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Efing, Matthias & Hau, Harald & Kampkötter, Patrick & Steinbrecher, Johannes, 2014. "Incentive Pay and Bank Risk-Taking:Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss Banks," CEPR Discussion Papers 10217, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthias EFING & Harald HAU & Patrick KAMPKÖTTER & Johannes STEINBRECHER, 2014. "Incentive Pay and Bank Risk-Taking: Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss Banks," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 14-55, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Dec 2014.
- Matthias Efing & Harald Hau & Patrick Kampkötter & Johannes Steinbrecher, 2014. "Incentive Pay and Bank Risk-Taking: Evidence from Austrian, German, and Swiss Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 4984, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Bolton, Brian & Lu, Jun, 2015. "Size, leverage, and risk-taking of financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 520-537.
- Tom Berglund, 2012. "Restricting Risk-taking by Financial Intermediaries through Executive Compensation," Chapters,in: Research Handbook on International Banking and Governance, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Eufinger, Christian & Gill, Andrej, 2016. "Incentive-based capital requirements," SAFE Working Paper Series 9 [rev.], Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Wagner, Alexander F., 2011. "Board independence and competence," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-93, January.
More about this item
KeywordsExecutive compensation; Subprime crisis; Write-downs; Corporate governance; Managerial incentives; Risk-taking; Too big to fail;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-04-16 (Banking)
- NEP-BEC-2011-04-16 (Business Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chf:rpseri:rp1018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ridima Mittal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fameech.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.