A Robust Version of Convex Integral Functionals
We consider the pointwise supremum of a family of convex integral functionals of essentially bounded random variables, each associated to a common convex integrand and a respective probability measure belonging to a dominated weakly compact convex set. Its conjugate functional is analyzed, providing a pair of upper and lower bounds as direct sums of common regular part and respective singular parts, which coincide when the defining set of probabilities is a singleton, as the classical Rockafellar theorem, and these bounds are generally the best in a certain sense. We then investigate when the conjugate eliminates the singular measures, which a fortiori implies the equality of the upper and lower bounds, and its relation to other finer regularity properties of the original functional and of the conjugate. As an application, a general duality result in the robust utility maximization problem is obtained.
|Date of creation:||May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033|
Web page: http://www.carf.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/english/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- (**), Hui Wang & Jaksa Cvitanic & (*), Walter Schachermayer, 2001. "Utility maximization in incomplete markets with random endowment," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 259-272.
- Keita Owari, 2009.
"A Note on Utility Maximization with Unbounded Random Endowment,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd09-091, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Keita Owari, 2011. "A Note on Utility Maximization with Unbounded Random Endowment," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 18(1), pages 89-103, March.
- Richard Rouge & Nicole El Karoui, 2000. "Pricing Via Utility Maximization and Entropy," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 259-276.
- Alexander Schied, 2007. "Optimal investments for risk- and ambiguity-averse preferences: a duality approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 107-129, January.
- Hernández-Hernández Daniel & Schied Alexander, 2006. "Robust utility maximization in a stochastic factor model," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 17, July.
- Schied Alexander & Wu Ching-Tang, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 23(3/2005), pages 199-217, March.
- Keita Owari, 2011. "On Admissible Strategies in Robust Utility Maximization," Papers 1109.5512, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2012.
- Michael Mania & Martin Schweizer, 2005. "Dynamic exponential utility indifference valuation," Papers math/0508489, arXiv.org.
- Alexander Schied & Ching-Tang Wu, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-025, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Sep 2005.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfi:fseres:cf319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.