Asymptotics of robust utility maximization
For a stochastic factor model we maximize the long-term growth rate of robust expected power utility with parameter $\lambda\in(0,1)$. Using duality methods the problem is reformulated as an infinite time horizon, risk-sensitive control problem. Our results characterize the optimal growth rate, an optimal long-term trading strategy and an asymptotic worst-case model in terms of an ergodic Bellman equation. With these results we propose a duality approach to a "robust large deviations" criterion for optimal long-term investment.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schied Alexander & Wu Ching-Tang, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 23(3/2005), pages 199-217, March.
- W. H. Fleming & S. J. Sheu, 2000. "Risk-Sensitive Control and an Optimal Investment Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 197-213.
- Daniel Hernandez–Hernandez & Alexander Schied, 2005. "Robust Utility Maximization in a Stochastic Factor Model," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-007, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Aug 2006.
- Alexander Schied & Ching-Tang Wu, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-025, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Sep 2005.
- Alexander Schied, 2007. "Robust Optimal Control for a Consumption-investment Problem," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-026, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 1999. "Quantile hedging," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 251-273.
- Hernández-Hernández Daniel & Schied Alexander, 2006. "Robust utility maximization in a stochastic factor model," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 1-17, July.
- Hiroaki Hata & Yasunari Iida, 2006. "A risk-sensitive stochastic control approach to an optimal investment problem with partial information," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 395-426, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1203.1191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.