Asymptotics of robust utility maximization
For a stochastic factor model we maximize the long-term growth rate of robust expected power utility with parameter $\lambda\in(0,1)$. Using duality methods the problem is reformulated as an infinite time horizon, risk-sensitive control problem. Our results characterize the optimal growth rate, an optimal long-term trading strategy and an asymptotic worst-case model in terms of an ergodic Bellman equation. With these results we propose a duality approach to a "robust large deviations" criterion for optimal long-term investment.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Annals of Applied Probability 2012, Vol. 22, No. 1, 172-212|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hernández-Hernández Daniel & Schied Alexander, 2006. "Robust utility maximization in a stochastic factor model," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 17, July.
- Hiroaki Hata & Yasunari Iida, 2006. "A risk-sensitive stochastic control approach to an optimal investment problem with partial information," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 395-426, September.
- Schied Alexander & Wu Ching-Tang, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 23(3/2005), pages 199-217, March.
- Daniel Hernandez–Hernandez & Alexander Schied, 2005. "Robust Utility Maximization in a Stochastic Factor Model," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-007, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Aug 2006.
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 1999. "Quantile hedging," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 251-273.
- W. H. Fleming & S. J. Sheu, 2000. "Risk-Sensitive Control and an Optimal Investment Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 197-213.
- Alexander Schied, 2007. "Robust Optimal Control for a Consumption-investment Problem," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-026, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Alexander Schied & Ching-Tang Wu, 2005. "Duality theory for optimal investments under model uncertainty," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-025, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Sep 2005.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1203.1191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.