Skill Formation, Temporary Disadvantage and Elite Education
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Tae-Hwan & White, Halbert, 2004. "On more robust estimation of skewness and kurtosis," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 56-73, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Harvey, A., 2008. "Dynamic distributions and changing copulas," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0839, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Lujano-Rojas, Juan M. & Monteiro, Cláudio & Dufo-López, Rodolfo & Bernal-Agustín, José L., 2012. "Optimum load management strategy for wind/diesel/battery hybrid power systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 288-295.
- Paola Stolfi & Mauro Bernardi & Lea Petrella, 2016. "Multivariate Method Of Simulated Quantiles," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0212, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Hutson, Elaine & Kearney, Colm & Lynch, Margaret, 2008.
"Volume and skewness in international equity markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1255-1268, July.
- Colm Kearney & Margaret Lynch, 2005. "Volume and Skewness in International Equity Markets," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp043, IIIS.
- Changli He & Annastiina Silvennoinen & Timo Teräsvirta, 2008.
"Parameterizing Unconditional Skewness in Models for Financial Time Series,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 6(2), pages 208-230, Spring.
- Changli He & Annastiina Silvennoinen & Timo Teräsvirta, 2005. "Parameterizing Unconditional Skewness in Models for Financial Time Series," Research Paper Series 169, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Changli He & Annastiina Silvennoinen & Timo Teräsvirta, 2008. "Parameterizing unconditional skewness in models for financial time series," CREATES Research Papers 2008-07, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Chang, Bo Young & Christoffersen, Peter & Jacobs, Kris, 2013.
"Market skewness risk and the cross section of stock returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 46-68.
- Chang, Bo Young & Christoffersen, Peter & Jacobs, Kris, 2010. "Market Skewness Risk and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns," Working Papers 11-18, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Hjertstrand, Per & Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, lars, 2017. "The Educated Underdog Becomes the Ultimate Superstar," Working Paper Series 1176, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 2010.
"Portfolio selection in multidimensional general and partial moment space,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 636-656, April.
- W. Briec & K. Kerstens, 2007. "Portfolio selection in multidimensional general and partial moment space," Post-Print hal-00296711, HAL.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2009. "Portfolio Selection in Multidimensional General and Partial Moment Space," Working Papers 2009-ECO-08, IESEG School of Management.
- W. Briec & K. Kerstens, 2010. "Portfolio selection in multidimensional general and partial moment space," Post-Print halshs-00473219, HAL.
- Pora, Pierre & Wilner, Lionel, 2020.
"A decomposition of labor earnings growth: Recovering Gaussianity?,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C).
- Pierre Pora & Lionel Wilner, 2019. "Decomposition of Labor Earnings Growth: Recovering Gaussianity?," Working Papers 2019-03, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- A Ford Ramsey, 2020. "Probability Distributions of Crop Yields: A Bayesian Spatial Quantile Regression Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 102(1), pages 220-239, January.
- Teräsvirta, Timo, 2006. "An introduction to univariate GARCH models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 646, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Sanjiv Jaggia & Alison Kelly-Hawke, 2009. "Modelling skewness and elongation in financial returns: the case of exchange-traded funds," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(16), pages 1305-1316.
- Fujiwara, Ippei & Körber, Lena Mareen & Nagakura, Daisuke, 2013.
"Asymmetry in government bond returns,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3218-3226.
- Ippei Fujiwara & Lena Mareen Korber & Daisuke Nagakura, 2013. "Asymmetry in Government Bond Returns," CAMA Working Papers 2013-12, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Ippei Fuijwara & Lena Mareen Korber & Daisuke Nagakura, 2013. "Asymmetry in Government Bond Returns," Finance Working Papers 23399, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Daisuke Nagakura & Lena Mareen Korber & Ippei Fujiwara, 2013. "Asymmetry in government bond returns," AJRC Working Papers 1301, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Ippei Fuijwara & Lena Mareen Korber & Daisuke Nagakura, 2013. "Asymmetry in Government Bond Returns," Macroeconomics Working Papers 23399, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Tamara Broderick & Ryan Giordano & Rachael Meager, 2020. "An Automatic Finite-Sample Robustness Metric: Can Dropping a Little Data Change Conclusions?," Papers 2011.14999, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2021.
- Martin Eling & Simone Farinelli & Damiano Rossello & Luisa Tibiletti, 2010. "Skewness in hedge funds returns: classical skewness coefficients vs Azzalini's skewness parameter," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(4), pages 290-304, September.
- Jiang, Xue & Han, Liyan & Yin, Libo, 2019. "Can skewness predict currency excess returns?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 628-641.
- Bruno Feunou & Mohammad R. Jahan-Parvar & Roméo Tédongap, 2016. "Which parametric model for conditional skewness?," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(13), pages 1237-1271, October.
- Stelios Bekiros & Amanda Dahlström & Gazi Salah Uddin & Oskar Ege & Ranadeva Jayasekera, 2020. "A tale of two shocks: The dynamics of international real estate markets," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(1), pages 3-27, January.
- Francesco Lisi, 2007. "Testing asymmetry in financial time series," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 687-696.
- Harvey, Andrew, 2010. "Tracking a changing copula," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 485-500, June.
More about this item
Keywordsskill formation; temporary disadvantage; elite education; soccer; underdog;
All these keywords.
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_8612. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Klaus Wohlrabe (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.