Revenue Forecasting Practices: Differences across Countries and Consequences for Forecasting Performance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thiess Buettner & Bjoern Kauder, 2010. "Revenue Forecasting Practices: Differences across Countries and Consequences for Forecasting Performance," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 31(3), pages 313-340, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Feenberg, Daniel R, et al, 1989.
"Testing the Rationality of State Revenue Forecasts,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 300-308, May.
- Daniel R. Feenberg & William Gentry & David Gilroy & Harvey S. Rosen, 1988. "Testing the Rationality of State Revenue Forecasts," NBER Working Papers 2628, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenberg, D.R. & Gentry, W. & Gilroy, D. & Rosen, H.S., 1988. "Testing The Rationality Of State Revenue Forecasts," Papers 16, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Teresa Leal & Javier J. Pérez & Mika Tujula & Jean-Pierre Vidal, 2008.
"Fiscal Forecasting: Lessons from the Literature and Challenges,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 29(3), pages 347-386, September.
- Leal, Teresa & Pérez, Javier J. & Tujula, Mika & Vidal, Jean-Pierre, 2007. "Fiscal forecasting: lessons from the literature and challenges," Working Paper Series 843, European Central Bank.
- Tim Pike & David Savage, 1998. "Forecasting the public finances in the Treasury," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(1), pages 49-62, February.
- Bretschneider, Stuart I. & Gorr, Wilpen L. & Grizzle, Gloria & Klay, Earle, 1989. "Political and organizational influences on the accuracy of forecasting state government revenues," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 307-319.
- Richard Boylan, 2008. "Political distortions in state forecasts," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 411-427, September.
- Lars Jonung & Martin Larch, 2006.
"Improving fiscal policy in the EU: the case for independent forecasts,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(47), pages 491-534, July.
- Lars Jonung & Martin Larch, 2004. "Improving fiscal policy in the EU: the case for independent forecasts," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 210, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Auerbach, Alan J., 1999.
"On the Performance and Use of Government Revenue Forecasts,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 52(4), pages 765-782, December.
- Auerbach, Alan Jeffrey, 1999. "On the Performance and Use of Government Revenue Forecasts," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt8h845262, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Frits Bos, 2007. "The Dutch fiscal framework; history, current practice and the role of the CPB," CPB Document 150, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thiess Buettner & Bjoern Kauder, 2015. "Political biases despite external expert participation? An empirical analysis of tax revenue forecasts in Germany," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 164(3), pages 287-307, September.
- Beate Jochimsen & Robert Lehmann, 2017.
"On the political economy of national tax revenue forecasts: evidence from OECD countries,"
Springer, vol. 170(3), pages 211-230, March.
- Jochimsen, Beate Regina & Lehmann, Robert, 2015. "Do OECD countries cheat with their national tax revenue forecasts?," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113089, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Beate Jochimsen & Robert Lehmann, 2015. "On the political economy of national tax revenue forecasts − Evidence from OECD countries," ifo Working Paper Series 198, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:mhr:finarc:urn:sici:0015-2218(201706)73:2_213:mffeft_2.0.tx_2-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- António Afonso & Rui Carvalho, 2014. "Revenue Forecast Errors in the European Union," Working Papers Department of Economics 2014/02, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Cepparulo, Alessandra & Gastaldi, Francesca & Giuriato, Luisa & Sacchi, Agnese, 2011. "Budgeting versus implementing fiscal policy:the Italian case," MPRA Paper 32474, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andersen, Torben M., 2013. "Fiscal policy targeting under imperfect information," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 114-130.
- Kaplanoglou, Georgia & Rapanos, Vassilis T., 2011.
"The Greek fiscal crisis and the role of fiscal governance,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
36432, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Georgia Kaplanoglou & Vassilis T. Rapanos, 2011. "The Greek Fiscal Crisis and the Role of Fiscal Governance," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 48, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Breuer Christian, 2015.
"On the Rationality of Medium-Term Tax Revenue Forecasts: Evidence from Germany,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 235(1), pages 22-40, February.
- Christian Breuer, 2014. "On the Rationality of Medium-Term Tax Revenue Forecasts: Evidence from Germany," ifo Working Paper Series 176, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:eso:journl:v:47:y:2016:i:3:p:391-423 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petralias, Athanassios & Petros, Sotirios & Prodromídis, Pródromos, 2013.
"Greece in recession: economic predictions, mispredictions and policy implications,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
52626, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Athanassios Petralias & Sotirios Petros & Pródromos Prodromídis, 2013. "Greece in Recession: Economic predictions, mispredictions and policy implications," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 75, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Björn Kauder & Niklas Potrafke & Christoph Schinke, 2017.
"Manipulating Fiscal Forecasts: Evidence from the German States,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 73(2), pages 213-236, June.
- Björn Kauder & Niklas Potrafke & Christoph Schinke, 2017. "Manipulating Fiscal Forecasts: Evidence from the German States," CESifo Working Paper Series 6310, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ondřej BAYER, 2013. "Research of Estimates of Tax Revenue: An Overview," European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2013(3).
More about this item
Keywordsrevenue forecasting; international comparison; OECD countries; forecast error;
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H68 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Forecasts of Budgets, Deficits, and Debt
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_2628. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .