Estratégias bancárias diferenciadas no território: o caso de Minas Gerais
The aim of this paper is to investigate in what extent there is a differentiated regional bank strategy in the economy of Minas Gerais. Based on the post-Keynesian theory of regional liquidity preference (DOW, 1993), the article analyses the consolidate balance sheet of bank’s branches in 351 cities of Minas Gerais divided in five different groups. Through the analyses of some of the indicators that has been built using the balance sheet, the paper concludes that there are evidences that supports the statement that the state’s Bank System works in a different way over the space. This behavior reinforces the uneven regional patterns of development in its economy.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cedeplar-FACE-UFMG Av. Antonio Carlos, 6627 Belo Horizonte, MG 31270-901 Brazil|
Fax: +55 31 3201-3657
Web page: http://www.cedeplar.ufmg.br
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Cedeplar-FACE-UFMG Av. Antonio Carlos, 6627 Belo Horizonte, MG 31270-901 Brazil|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marco Crocco & Anderson Cavalcante & Cláudio Barra, 2006. "The behavior of liquidity preference of banks and public and regional development: the case of Brazil," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 28(2), pages 217-240, January.
- Faini, Riccardo & Giannini, Curzio & Ingrosso, Fulvio, 1992.
"Finance and Development: The Case of Southern Italy,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
674, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Faini, R. & Galli, G. & Giannini, C., 1992. "Finance and Development : the Case of Southern Italy," Papers 170, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Samolyk, Katherine A., 1994. "Banking conditions and regional economic performance evidence of a regional credit channel," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 259-278, October.
- Dow, Sheila C, 1982. "The Regional Composition of the Money Multiplier Process," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 29(1), pages 22-44, February.
- Demetriades, Panicos O. & Hussein, Khaled A., 1996. "Does financial development cause economic growth? Time-series evidence from 16 countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 387-411, December.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Khaled A.Hussein, 1995. "Does Financial Development Cause Economic Growth? Time-Series Evidence from 16 Countries," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 95/13, Department of Economics, Keele University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdp:texdis:td345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Britto)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.