Global Identification of the Semiparametric Box-Cox Model
This paper establishes the identifiability of the parameters of the Box-Cox model under restrictions that do not require the disturbance in the model to be independent of the explanatory variables. The proposed restrictions are semiparametric in nature: they restrict the support of the conditional distribution of the disturbance but do not require the latter to be known.
|Date of creation:||01 Apr 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (858) 534-3383
Fax: (858) 534-7040
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/ucsdecon/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roehrig, Charles S, 1988. "Conditions for Identification in Nonparametric and Parametic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 433-47, March.
- Rothenberg, Thomas J, 1971. "Identification in Parametric Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(3), pages 577-91, May.
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2007.
"Global Identification In Nonlinear Semiparametric Models,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt8dk0n386, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2008. "Global Identification In Nonlinear Semiparametric Models," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt2r59d87f, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Khazzoom, J. Daniel, 1989. "A note on the application of the nonlinear two-stage least-squares estimator to a Box-Cox-transformed model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 377-379, November.
- N.E. Savin & Allan H. Würtz, 2002. "Testing the Semiparametric Box-Cox Model with Bootstrap," CAM Working Papers 2002-08, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Amemiya, Takeshi & Powell, James L., 1981. "A comparison of the Box-Cox maximum likelihood estimator and the non-linear two-stage least squares estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 351-381, December.
- Foster A. M. & Tian L. & Wei L. J., 2001. "Estimation for the Box-Cox Transformation Model Without Assuming Parametric Error Distribution," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1097-1101, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:ucsdec:qt97s197d4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.